Lafuma Chairs

Guest John KS

Guest John KS

We are fed up with buying chairs for our van and finding that they are uncomfortable. We have looked at the Lafuma range and wonder if it is worth lashing out on a pair of recliners?

Any comments welcome please.

:unsure:

We bought a pair of lafuma's a couple of years ago and found them very comfortable. I have noticed a 'copy' in some dealers and garden centre but cannot comment on comfort.

Gerry

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645

We bought a couple of Lafuma chairs and stools a few years ago. They haven't worn well and we can't say they are particularly comfortable now.

We have decided not to buy the same in the future as we believe that they are overpriced and that there are better value for money alternatives on the market.

Yossa

2007 Mondeo 2. 2 TDCi & 2003 Bailey Pageant Bordeaux

We are fed up with buying chairs for our van and finding that they are uncomfortable. We have looked at the Lafuma range and wonder if it is worth lashing out on a pair of recliners?

Lafumas are very comfortable, expensive yes but are well made and have a good guarantee .

we have bought several sets of chairs over the years and have yet to find any that beat the comfort levels that these offer :)

I bought the Lafumas look alike at £50 each and yes they are comfortable. However, both Lafumas and look alike weight about 7kg each and are damn difficult to lug around.

Now is I am touring using just the Fiamma sun shade I have a couple of comfortable directors chairs with fold down side table (Towsure) these are good for use at the outside table for meals as well.

I only take the large recliners if I am taking the full awning for longish stays.

Personally I would invest in a couple of normal comfortable chairs - it is really a personal choice but I have been round the loop several times and keep wondering why I bother ;)

Alan J

Bailey Pageant S6 Bordeaux Tow Car BMW X5 3. 0D

We've had ours for 2 years and they are the best we've had, well worth the outlay. A tip - if by any chance you're taking your outfit abroad this year they are a LOT cheaper to buy in French hypermarkets. We got ours for 59 Euros each - about half the UK price, but may be a tad more now.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

After 1 year's use, both our lightly used Lafumas' stitching began to pull apart. We did a DIY repair, which has held, but in Yr 2, other stitching came adrift. As we are both under 12 stone, we were dispointed, so have abandoned them for this year, in favour of a stronger looking product at half the price. Time will tell

We bought Dukdalf chairs which at the time were considerably cheaper than the Lafuma chairs. We've had them now for five years and they can't be faulted. We use them in the awning throughout the winter when we are in Spain.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Lafuma Chairs they are cheaper in France -- by almost 50% ???

Look when you go over -- :)

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

Got a couple in France about 5 years ago with the mesh for about £35. 00 each, replaced the cords last year and the chairs are still like new, comfortable for relaxing/having a kip, if your over France get them from the lafuma outlet at cite de Europe near Calais.

Try Riversway Leisure High Back Chairs - bought a couple two years ago, recline, comfortable, light-weight and they were on offer at 2 for £48 not so long ago. A lot cheaper than Lafuma

I bpought my Lafuma recliners 6 years ago and we have used them a lot ( we are away about70 nights a year and we always sit out in the awning when possible ). I got fed up of uncomfortable recliners where the cushions sink into the springs and have to be continually lifted out to make them comfortable. The lafumas are perhaps the best accessory that I have ever bought for my caravan, incredibly comfortable and very sturdy, I replaced the elastics last year but that is all that I have done to them and they look as good now and are as comfortable as they were on the first day I bought them. Were something to happen to them I would consider trying some of the pattern copies that there are about such as these which ahave the same mechaism as the lafumas and are one third the price, though I am not sure how comfortable the plastic seats will be but I am sure that a large towel put on top of the plastic would sort that out.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

After buying cheap chairs which didn,t last very long we bought our first pair of Lafuma recliners in France many many years ago.

We are now on our third pair which are the plastic ones which we find are better if you are wearing wet swimwear. We use a cover on these as well.

We bought these in the UK as prices in France are higher now, partly due to the exchange rate.

Our second pair we keep at home and use them in the garden.

Very comfortable as well as good quality.

We also have the ordinary upright Lafuma chairs for dining outside etc. which recline slightly. We had a problem with splitting on the seat base of both of these due to the seams being welded rather than stitched. These were replaced quickly without question.

"Comfort is in the backside of the user"

We went to Riversway a couple of years ago for a couple of recliners and spent ages trying their entire stock.

Neither of us found the Lafumas particularly comfortable, although I had no quarrel with the build quality, but we ended up with some which are light (aluminium), folds flat, durable but most importantly comfortable. I can`t remember the make (can`t check as I`m at work), but wouldn`t recommend them anyway as I wouldn`t be as presumptious as to decide what anyone else may find comfortable.

Bottom (sorry) line is, go and try them, ignore the label and find out what suits you. A chair should be functional, not a fashion item.

Edited by angus

Anyone who gets to sit in our lafumas is always amazed at how comfy they are. We hve the RSX model but I spotted this cheaper, genuine alternative in Towsure last week http://www. towsure. com/product/15340-Lafum. ..rm_Chair_-_Pink £99 a pair. I think they had blue too.

Mine: Fiesta; his Mondeo Estate; ours Bailey Olympus534, DD1's Poppy the cocker but she comes with us!

After 1 year's use, both our lightly used Lafumas' stitching began to pull apart. We did a DIY repair, which has held, but in Yr 2, other stitching came adrift. As we are both under 12 stone, we were dispointed, so have abandoned them for this year, in favour of a stronger looking product at half the price. Time will tell

That's exactly what happened to our chairs (and stools). We also found that the material sagged so much that we ended up having an imprint of the frame on our bottoms! And before anyone asks, I'm 13 stone.

There are better value chairs out there.

Yossa

2007 Mondeo 2. 2 TDCi & 2003 Bailey Pageant Bordeaux

Oh yes - very comfortable - a real snooze chair

Oh yes - very comfortable - a real snooze chair

Could'nt agree more, best chairs we have had by far, all the others sit in the shed at home !

That's exactly what happened to our chairs (and stools). We also found that the material sagged so much that we ended up having an imprint of the frame on our bottoms! And before anyone asks, I'm 13 stone.

There are better value chairs out there.

Yossa

We had a problem with our Lafumas coming apart at the seams. Contacted the importers, they admitted there had been a batch of chairs with faults. They asked us to post them the "Lafuma" badges cut from the chair backs and the "washing instuction" type labels from the seats. We did this and 48 hours later 2 brand new chairs arrived!

Cheers

Keith

Another vote here for Dukaduf ( spelling ?) chairs as per John Douglas's post . Had them 3 seasons still going strong . I'm 14 stone no sign of the seat base stretching .

Half the price of Lafuma's, very easy to nod off in after a couple of drinks sat out in the sunshine !

Guest Surfer
Lafumas are very comfortable, expensive yes but are well made and have a good guarantee .

we have bought several sets of chairs over the years and have yet to find any that beat the comfort levels that these offer :)

If they are well made with a good guarantee, why have you bought several sets over the years? This indicates that although expensive, they are not up to standard.

Hi

We bought a couple of lafuma chairs last year and well pleased with them. I am a biggish bloke and no signs of sagging yet and they have been well used in the last year or so. I suppose it might be which model you buy as to how well it wears.

Dave

Guest John KS
If they are well made with a good guarantee, why have you bought several sets over the years? This indicates that although expensive, they are not up to standard.

I think you have missed the point. They have bought non Lafuma chairs but have now found some that are OK, Lafuma ones.

Just ordered some

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Edited by John KS

Lafuma do several types of chairs so we tried them out at various outlets and also tried out other makes as well. We decided on the Lafuma Chamonix chairs and bought the foot rests to go with them. Even with the footrests they are half the weight of the recliners.

We have recliner chair cushions which we bought from Homebase several years ago. I take one of these with me to give additional comfort as I have severe arthritis. We are both heavyweights and our chairs are the same as the day we bought them, four years ago, no tears or sagging. For us they were the most comfortable ones we could find and as well as reclining they can be used upright to sit at a table.

Lunar Clubman 475EK towed by Vauxhall Zafira Design 1. 9Cdti 150