Cadac Gas Barbecues

Jon46

Message added by CT Advertising,

Prima logo.png

Prima Leisure has an entire range of Cadac BBQs available which you can check out. 

Make sure you are getting the best possible product to suit your needs! 

When I was away last week I saw a neighbouring caravanner cooking almost daily on a Cadac gas barbecue. Those of you who have one - what's it ike compared to a normal lava rock gas bbq? More especially, is it worth the rather large price tag?

Jonathan.

2004 Swift Challenger 550 SLE

We have just bought one and used it last week.

Several reasons:

I am a convinced only BBQ over charcoal man! But, by the time you set up, carry the coals etc. , clean up, well is it worth it??

Tried gas BBQs with lava rock etc, but never convinced.

New Van had an external gas point fitted.

Always fancied a cooked Brunch when I saw others doing it, so Frying/Grilling appealed.

Our first BBQ was not bad, but still prefer coals etc

But

post-337-1240184894_thumb.jpg

Brilliant

For the amount of use I think we will give it the price is not bad, but most importantly I am very happy with the 'quality' of it. Seeing that there are so many about, and the positive comments on the Forums I am glad we bought it after long deliberation.

We bought the Cadac Carri Chef Deluxe Combo from http://www. homesteadcaravans. co. uk/index. cfm and were very happy with the service.

http://www. riverswayleisure. co. uk/ also have them for a good price and the Paella pan is very good value from them.

Regards

Dave

Discovery 4 HSE 2015, Bailey Unicorn S4 Barcelona 2018.
http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/

They are like George Forman Grills and Marmite. You'll either love it or hate it and you will get strong arguments from both sides.

Best way to decide would to go and ask someone who's got one to invite you for lunch. Then you can watch and taste before you part with your cash.

Me? I wouldn't be without mine.

Volvo XC60 Momentum Pro D4 pulling an Elddis Crusader Mistral

Guest John KS

Don't buy the chef small one. Just taken ours to the tip a few minutes ago!!!!!

Have now bought the larger one.

Edited by John KS

I have been through all types in the past 30 odd years - charcoal, lava, gas. Been cooking on gas now for over 20 years and there is really no difference between gas and the others in the taste. It is the burnt fat/smoke when it hits a hot surface that gives the BBQ flavour not the charcoal.

Bought the Cadac Carri Chef Delux last year and it is "brilliant" the most versatile one I have every owned. the Carri Chef has more stable leg arrangement and adjustable gas flame. Well worth the price, but do shop around on the Internet - mine was £95 last year with free cover. You do need to buy the connection hose and either regulator for the gas bottle or small bayonet connector if you have external BBQ point on caravan.

Go for it - you will not regret it. :)

Alan J

Bailey Pageant S6 Bordeaux Tow Car BMW X5 3. 0D

Agree - we have owned a carri chef deluxe for a long time - bought the small one to save weight assuming it would be the same - it is useless! Stick with the full size one.

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

Have now bought the larger one.

I totally agree - don't buy the small one.

We've been using the large one now for about 3 years and wouldn't be without it. I agree with Jimd that "They are like George Forman Grills and Marmite - you either love or hate them". We like them. It's a very flexible cooking system; BBQ, griddle, or even roast a rolled joint. I've never used the paella dish, so can't comment on that.

My only (small) gripe is that they are a bit messy to clean, but then I've never had a BBQ that was a treat to clean.

The older I get, the better I used to be

I have just bought the deluxe one as you can cook all your meals on it, without needing the van's cooker. If you have a Camping and general nearby, that are selling the top one for £99. 99. With this you need to buy the regulator and pipe etc, but the actual bbq is about £30 cheaper than most places.

I have the original beauclaire the cast iron griddle is far superior to the aluminium cadac top plate . However as already stated by Sam P it's far too heavy to be lugging around - bad back in the making ! The Cadac is lighter and better value for money . The gas/ lava rock style of bbq was a big dissappointment took it to the tip after 1 seasons use - hard to clean & no taste to the food.

I have just bought the deluxe one as you can cook all your meals on it, without needing the van's cooker. If you have a Camping and general nearby, that are selling the top one for £99. 99. With this you need to buy the regulator and pipe etc, but the actual bbq is about £30 cheaper than most places.

Gor outs from Towsure for £99. 99 a couple of years ago . Find it rather bulky to carry, but, if it gets hubby to do the cooking . ..............

2003 Autotrail 635SE Mercedes Sprinter, 2011 Hyundai i10

'Life is too short to stuff a mushroom.'

We use our cadac combi deluxe a lot when we are away

Rather make a mess outside than in the van

I find ours quite easy to clean with the cadac cleaner

Hyundai Santa Fe

SWIFT Oronsay 570

We have had a cadac for 2 years. it is the best piece of kit in the van. Have used it none stop!!!! Every van should have one ;)

My tip it to buy a paella pan. we cook everything from curries, chillis, breakfasts, meats, veg etc etc etc all of the paella pan. Much better than a Skottle pan.

I really like the small one, works fantastic and takes up very little space.

Another vote for the small (Safari) one, portable, quick to set up. Disagree that they do not get hot enough, but we tend to use the griddle plate rather than the BBQ set up, ans use the lid as needed.

A standard caravan meal for us as a quick & easy dish is a "cadac" curry, chicken, veggies, and a packet of microwave rice,plus whatever curry sauce we've got in. One pot cooking, quick, filling & tasty - healthy, well, we don't add any fat, so there is only what comes in the curry sauce, and seeing as Mrs JonathanM is a confirmed weight watcher, things are usually reduced fat anyway.

"Scars are souvenirs you never loose"

2010 Swift Charisma Freestyle 550 + 2007 Nissan Pathfinder Aventura.

been using the carrychef deluxe for over 3 years and would,nt be without it. rarely use the cooker in the van. cant beat doin the bacon and eggs in a morning. folds down into its own carry bag a little on the heavy side but its quality. you can also buy new grill plates if you need to replace them anytime hope this helps

2006 mitsubishi animal 2. 5 auto double cab in black with chrome bits and Elddis odyssey 544

Hi I too have just bought a cadac and its brilliant, no more stink in the van in the morning from the fry-up and have

also cooked a couple of great curries on the skottle.

Go get one. swiftie.