3 Dongle Problem

Ok - bought my 3 dongle and trying to set it up. Not happy so far. All seemed to go fine until I went to 3 through the connect interace and registered. The message with password came though no problem to the correct area in the connecton settings BUT its gibberish - all hieroglyphics. Tried to re request, same thing again. Emailed 3 and their reply will be within 5 days so now just about hitting my head off the wall on how to sort this.

So much for ease of use and up and running in 5 minutes.

Anyone else had this problem, and if so, how do you fix it.

Sprite Quattro - Kia Sedona

Ok - bought my 3 dongle and trying to set it up. Not happy so far. All seemed to go fine until I went to 3 through the connect interace and registered. The message with password came though no problem to the correct area in the connecton settings BUT its gibberish - all hieroglyphics. Tried to re request, same thing again. Emailed 3 and their reply will be within 5 days so now just about hitting my head off the wall on how to sort this.

Hi Candlegirl

I have a 3 dongle and have used it for about six months now without any problem(other than once

when I was down in Wales(poor signal))

But the comment of "message with pass word" As far as I remember I did not get any of that, poss

a new system, but have installed the software on three laptops now, and works fine on any !

Radiotwo

Steve - Land Cruiser Amazon Auto + Pageant Series 5 Champagne

The match between car and caravan is perfect in accordance with a mix of European standards. However, according to the British Towing Code the percentage (loaded caravan / kerbweight tow car) is 49%.

had the same problem with mine on initial setup, called helpline number and got through without to much hassle to some call centre in Delhi where the indian i spoke to sorted the problem straightaway

Guest John KS

I have got one and did have some problem installing. Suggest

1. Uninstall original programme

2. Turn off laptop

3. Turn on laptop

4. Plug in dongle and programme will load

5. When loaded turn off laptop.

6. Turn on again and it will work.

If not the software is faulty on the dongle so return it.

After about 6 months you might get a response. No faith in 3 service at all!!! It is c--p!!!!

Had ours 2 months now, and no problems (except lack of signal at Cropton).

Don't remember any password business at all - just plugged it in and it installed itself and worked straightaway. Great for me as a non-pc friendly person. Is yours a PAYG one or contract - is there a difference, ours is PAYG.

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde

Thanks folks. Neil & Lena - off to try Delhi to get the password changed.

It's payg and it should be easy to register on the 3 site to enter voucher numbers and the password should be straightforward but its coming through in character languate. Glad someone here had the same problem so hopefully they can fix it quite quickly and I can give it a try out.

Candlegirl

I have recently purchased a 3 PAYG dongle and found the registration process at bit odd. I went onto My 3 to register the voucher and found that I went straight in without the password so might be worth giving it a try. When you get in don't forget to use the drop down menu to select your allowance, ie 1GB etc. If you don't it thinks you are loading money on your mobile!

David (currently at York of 3 Mobile Broadband)

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Got it. Sorted. I had to find the download and update the software on my dongle. I bought from ebay and although still a current version, it had an older software package when it loaded. After finding out how to manually update the software, I got straight through to my3 to buy credit and I rememberd to set it up as a top up. Sussed now.

You have to change the password when you go through to my3 for the first time to keep your account secure but it doesn't tell you that. And you should log out each time you are finished buying if you have cards registered.

Thanks for everyone who replied, I am now 3g compliant. Here's hoping it works around scotland next weekend.

Edited by candlegirl

Ha ha - working fine in Aberdeen just now so fingers crossed. Will have bt openzone and 3 with us so we'll see how it goes and report back from north scotland after the holiday weekend.

Candlegirl

I think you should check the coverage up north as it not to good on the West coast of scotland .

I have Vodafone P. A. Y. G dongle and it works even in fairly remote places unlike 3 which has little or no coverage in the Highlands

Candlegirl

I think you should check the coverage up north as it not to good on the West coast of scotland .

I have Vodafone P. A. Y. G dongle and it works even in fairly remote places unlike 3 which has little or no coverage in the Highlands

Does 3 REALLY have coverage ??????????????????????????? Tell the sites in Wales that !!!!!!!!!

Tugging a Bailey Senator Vermont Millennium

With a 1999 Vauxhall Frontera Diesel 2. 2 Automatic

Guest John KS
Does 3 REALLY have coverage ??????????????????????????? Tell the sites in Wales that !!!!!!!!!

If that is the case I won't bother to take the laptop to Wales the week after next. 3's coverage is not good even though they reckon they have the best. Their MD was on the radio this morning saying just that.

Guest Surfer

We are not too happy with 3 as the modem seems to have a mind of its own and connects when it feels like connecting. Sometimes when downloading email, it just comes to a stop and then you have to wait a couple of hours before trying again, however as we are on an 18 month contract at less than £5 per month and never paid anything for the modem I guess we cannot complain too much! :D