Spark Plugs For Lpg Vehicles

BadbackCol

Hi all.

Just a little hep for members who run vehicles that use LPG.

NGK have recently (mid 2007) released 2 plugs which are designed to work more efficiently and last longer for LPG applications. The plugs feature a platinum chip in the ground electrode and a fine wire Iridium centre electrode. The thread and other metal parts are plated differently to reduce the possibility of a negative reaction to LPG. Part numbers are BKR6EIX-LPG and BPR6EIX-LPG, these will cover a large percentage of the UK car market.

Hope it is of some use.

Regards.

Col

Proud to be a Patriot and CT Ninja
I get the feeling that beneath your sesquipedalian loquaciousness you're the same kind of fundamentalist intent on winning arguments through Argumentum Verbosium.

im sure lpg runs a lot cleaner than petrol.

having seen the insides of some lpg generators after a year of use, they are spot less and the oil still golden so i dont think plug life is an issue on lpg atm

2001 Lunar Ariva GTS, Propane, 180amp Marine Battery and a 20w Solar Panel with Charge Controller. 1000W mains invertor

Towed by 1. 8 VVT Vectra Hatch

im sure lpg runs a lot cleaner than petrol.

Hi Rizo.

I'm sure you are right but as LPG is a 'Dry' fuel NGK probably thought there was a demand for an LPG specific plug. :rolleyes:

Regards.

Col

Proud to be a Patriot and CT Ninja
I get the feeling that beneath your sesquipedalian loquaciousness you're the same kind of fundamentalist intent on winning arguments through Argumentum Verbosium.

Hi Rizo.

I'm sure you are right but as LPG is a 'Dry' fuel NGK probably thought there was a demand for an LPG specific plug. :rolleyes:

Regards.

Col

Col,

more than likely a way for them to gain even more market share and money :)

2001 Lunar Ariva GTS, Propane, 180amp Marine Battery and a 20w Solar Panel with Charge Controller. 1000W mains invertor

Towed by 1. 8 VVT Vectra Hatch

• 1 month later...

Standard NGK plugs work fine on my LPG Disco and last for ever.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2