Storage Under The Fixed Bed

Hi

Just got our fixed bed Onyx and wondered how you normally would secure all the items under the bed to stop them moving when braking hard.

We have thought of carpeting it, securing with webbing, storage boxes packing the whole area with wine boxes :rolleyes:

I am sure someone must have already come up with a bright idea ?

cheers

Mike

Hi

Just got our fixed bed Onyx and wondered how you normally would secure all the items under the bed to stop them moving when braking hard.

We have thought of carpeting it, securing with webbing, storage boxes packing the whole area with wine boxes :rolleyes:

I am sure someone must have already come up with a bright idea ?

cheers

Mike

We use anti-slip matting like this. http://www. towsure. com/product/2557-Anti-Slip_Mat_Roll. Seen it in a number of other places. Got ours from Maplins. We put small loose items in plastic boxes.

Poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

All our light stuff is stowed (shoved) under the bed, lightweight tables and chairs, wellies, you will be surprised at how much will go under there. ;)

Ace Firestar hiding behind Jeep Cherokee Sport

I'm not depressed,the world is just happier than me.

We use closed cell foam, it is used as yoga mats or as sleeping mats in small tents - available from eBay or at the moment Poundland. Insulates the van in the winter - we could feel the temperature difference -had to turn the heating down. We lifted the hot air ducts and insulated underneath, we have decided to insulated the pipes as well to prevent the under the bed box getting too hot. As to stopping things moving about we pack everything at the very front, closer to the axle - We don't accelerate hard. Just jam stuff in. Not particularly original.

Kevin

We dont strap anything down but we have a 'right' way of loading under the bed, due to something moving and damaging the pressure filter thingy on the water heater which is laso under the bed. We only noticed something was damaged when we had a fountain under the bed :rolleyes: when we got on site, we weren't very quick to find it either, had to laugh when OH opened the bed and got drowned :lol:

Edited by herald333

Landrover Defender 110 & Bailey Almeria

Hi

We use a car Cargo net from Halfords,

4 "D" clips screwed to the wooden frame and van floor

Dave

• 1 month later...

A bit late, but I used stainless eye bolts through the floor (with penny washers and a good smear of silicon) and ratchet straps to hold down the folding table and Lafuma chairs that we keep under there. Easy to use and keeps everything firmly in place.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

We use anti slip mat, bought by the yard and decent size plastic boxes. Just watch what goes in them.

Regards

SuperMike

together with

Management and Lady Faith Finesse, who is a Black & Tan Cavalier KCS - Gorgeous Girl, and my wife is as well.

Sedona 2. 9TDi - Swift Conqueror 645 LUX

CAVALIERS ARE LIKE SUNSHINE, THEY BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY.