Lichfield Horizon Awning

laineyandjim

hi

i've just bought a Lichfield Horizon awning (size 8)

however, there isnt any instructions with it for pitching it.

does anyone on here use one of these and have the instructions? a photocopy/scan would be great if you do

many thanks

Jim H

i just bought one too,it didnt have instructions either but the poles are colour coded which helps. took me about half hour too work it out

thanks, thats a great start if you could tell me what colour goes where, eg roof, left side, right side etc, i am totally stuck as i have never erected an awing before, could you post what u know here please? i have email campingworld and they are going to contact lichfield to see if they can locate one for me, if they do i will post whole thing on here or the link, thanks again its greatly appreciated x

hi,its a bit of trial and error,from memory theres three vertical poles,3 horizontal poles with grey sucker on(they press onto the caravan skin,3 short poles(they sit outside of the awning fabric),theres 2 three way brackets which give the awning its corners and 1 four way bracket which is the centre support,i cant really explain any more without confusing myself,fingers crossed for a diagram,if you have room by your caravan have a go with just the frame or a fence and a extra pair of hands.

good luck

Andy

hi,its a bit of trial and error,from memory theres three vertical poles,3 horizontal poles with grey sucker on(they press onto the caravan skin,3 short poles(they sit outside of the awning fabric),theres 2 three way brackets which give the awning its corners and 1 four way bracket which is the centre support,i cant really explain any more without confusing myself,fingers crossed for a diagram,if you have room by your caravan have a go with just the frame or a fence and a extra pair of hands.

good luck

Andy

thank you andy, thats been a great help as i didnt know where any of the poles went, do you know what colour of poles go where? the two poles with sucker on them have a red band, but got to work out where the blue, green and rest of white bands go, thanks again, samantha x

hi i have just bought one too without instructions, same make and size, if you receive any could you please please forward onto me too please, would be greatly appreciated, thanks x

whoop whoop just got some emailed instructions emailed to me so if anyone else out there having same problem here is the instructions x

HORIZON CARAVAN AWNING

GENERAL ERECTION INSTRUCTIONS

The erection of the awning is best carried out with two people.

Lay all components out.

Take the three uprights that form the structure for the front of the frame and add lower sections to each using the coloured bands on the corresponding poles. (This is the part with the white plastic spike).

At this point feed the heavy bead on the edge of the canvas of the awning, around the channel of your van. Ensuring that the canvas is facing the correct way and is not inside out. When this is done you should

Take the centre upright (this is the one that has 2 white marked arms and yellow down section leading to the green with a spike) and with the help of a companion, go underneath the canvas. Place the upright in position making sure that the black join is facing out, and insert the blue section (making sure that the red section with the sucker has been linked to the blue section first) and adjust to suit.

Whilst one person holds the central upright, add a corner, and connect with central up right by matching colour to colour (making sure that black is facing out) then add van to corner brace and adjust to suit. Repeat with other corner.

Make sure that uprights and van to upright crossbars are not over adjusted at this point. Peg out canvas and re-adjust poles to suit.

Add draft strip to lower part of van.

Adjust guy-lines to suit.