Motor Mover On An Al-ko Chassis..

skyliner

Hi Everyone,

We are looking at investing in a motor mover but I have read that 'extra brackets' may be required for aluminium chassis caravans (ours is an Al-Ko one). Can anyone confirm whether I would need anything 'extra' and if so what the extra costs involved are?

Also if extras are required does it make home DIY more difficult (drilling chassis for instance?)

Many thanks

Lee

There was information about this on a website that I looked at recently, will see if I can find it, which Mover are you going for?

Edited by jennifernn

Jennifer

Sterling Elite Searcher, Volvo XC90 SE D5 Auto

Hi Everyone,

We are looking at investing in a motor mover but I have read that 'extra brackets' may be required for aluminium chassis caravans (ours is an Al-Ko one). Can anyone confirm whether I would need anything 'extra' and if so what the extra costs involved are?

Also if extras are required does it make home DIY more difficult (drilling chassis for instance?)

Many thanks

Lee

Hi Lee

No drilling of an ALKO chassis is permitted, so unless existing chassis holes can be used for mounting 'whatever'

then brackets are used to avoid drilling. Any decent motor mover will come with everything required to DIY.

Give some details on van such as number of axles, weight etc and what sort of terrain you need it to work on,

and everyone will reccomend a different make with Powrtouch by far the most popular make and then several

also-rans ;)

neil

Bailey S5 Pageant Auvergne & Vauxhall Signum CDTI

Many thanks for the replies, the reason for the question is that on the powertouch website it says extra fittings might be required for aluminium chassis.

The van is a single axis Elddis XL Typhoon (early 90's). Price is the issue (no surprises there!) and so we were looking at the purpleline enduro but have emailed powertouch to ask if they will price match against it (£585 from Homestead caravans).

Yes, if you look at the CMI website they have info on the fitting of the Truma Movers, with chassis diagrams.

Hi Jennifernn, Probably me being daft but what is the CMI website please.

Hi Jennifernn, Probably me being daft but what is the CMI website please.

Look on here. ... http://www. caravanmoverinstallations. com/

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Hi, I purchased a reconditioned mover from powr looked like new and as i had it fitted by them it came with a three year parts and labour guarantee. worked exceptionally well and the only time I had any trouble was taken through a couple of test on the phone with one of there techies who decided needed a new remote control sent out by them and got it the next day.

I have know purchased a replacement van and my dealer fitted a truma it operates the same and moves my 1600kg van around a treat . ( back would not take the abuse any longer)

I do find that the leisure battery on my van has gone flat twice on me(in storage cant locate van at house) and I do wonder if a low wattage solar panel on the van roof or a second battery is the answer.

alan333

Sterling Onyx - Hyundai Terracan

Staffs

Alan333 Sterling Oynx 2008 + Hyundai Terracan 2. 9 CRDT

Al-Ko chassis are steel.

A standard fit mover will be perfectly suitable, an no extra brackets needed

Al-Ko named after Alois Kober a German Locksmith originally. ...

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530