Awning Size - Fleetwood

Neil P

Anyone know what the correct awning size is for a Fleetwood 560-4?? The dealer said it was a 950 but the (rather vague) owners manual seems to indicate it's 1025. ..

Thanks!!

Neil (Artists Rifles)

There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope. The death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender.

2006 Cabby 740+ LT Champ and 2004 Ford F-250 (1998 Ford Explorer as reserve)

They want Green motoring???  I can do that - I've got 9. 5 tons of Green motoring - that does 2. 5 mpg & 30 mph flat out in permanent 6-wheel drive!!

Welcome to the world of Alvis Stalwarts.

Hi Neil

When we had our Fleetwood, we ended up having to buy the next size up than recommended as the Fleetwoods are really high vans. Although I realise you can't email to ask, that's what we did in the end as every dealer we went to recommended a different size! I second Atom's tip to measure it youself as Fleetwoods are notoriously difficult.

Good luck

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde

Thanks all!! We were over there yesterday stowing away the rest of the kit from home so I ran a tape meassure over the channel. Making allowances for the lack of "bend" in the measure I was using I make it more or less the 950 the salesman told us!!

Means our existing awnings (Pyramid Orion 3m and Sunncamp Ultima 390) should still fit!! :D

Neil (Artists Rifles)

There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope. The death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender.

They want Green motoring???  I can do that - I've got 9. 5 tons of Green motoring - that does 2. 5 mpg & 30 mph flat out in permanent 6-wheel drive!!

Hi there, Hopefully i may be able to help further, According to the 2009 sales brochure which i have in front of me the Awning length for your 560 -4 Fleetwood Heritage, ground to ground should be 10. 25m.

Hope this has helped.

BMW X5 3. 0sd m sport twin turbo. Fleetwood Heritage ES6 (2009) Best car ever owned subaru impreza wr1

Hi there, Hopefully i may be able to help further, According to the 2009 sales brochure which i have in front of me the Awning length for your 560 -4 Fleetwood Heritage, ground to ground should be 10. 25m.

Hope this has helped.

This is what the 2007 owners hand book gives as well. But as I said above, measuring through the awning channel ground to ground measured approx 9. 50 Metres. This is the figure quoted by the salesman too when we asked. I suspect it might be a misprint in the manual. ...

Neil (Artists Rifles)

Hi again, just looking at the brochure for 2007-8 and 2009 and they all state a size of 10. 25m, so i very much think this isn't a mistake, I am not an expert, but just thinking out loud. You may need this stated size to allow for a unlevel pitch. If the pitch is falling away from the side of your van this is possibly where the extra size is needed.

BMW X5 3. 0sd m sport twin turbo. Fleetwood Heritage ES6 (2009) Best car ever owned subaru impreza wr1

• 8 months later...

Anyone know what the correct awning size is for a Fleetwood 560-4?? The dealer said it was a 950 but the (rather vague) owners manual seems to indicate it's 1025. ..

Thanks!!

Hi Neil

I have noticed you put this thread on some time ago, so am just asking if you managed to find a awning for your caravan, we have just bought a fleetwood meredian 560 ek and would appreciate some advise on the size and reccomended type .

many thanks Rob

Thanks!!

I would go for the 950. I used an awning that was a size smaller than stated in the handbook and it fitted perfectly. Mine was the 560- 4EK

Outfit:

2003 Kia Sorento XS 3. 5 V6 automatic and 2010 Bailey Pegasus 534

• 3 weeks later...

this site seems to have all the awning sizes for most fleetwoods

http://www. cuddles. a. ..t/fleetwood. htm

It says 1025 for a 2007 560-4

measure it yourself,makers manuals cannot be relied upon for awning sizing. ..........as many have found to their detrement. cuddles take their sizes from model/maker manuals,they dont measure themselves,as do many references. ............so beware

nissan xtrail tekna 173 . ....SERIES 2 UNICORN VALENCIA 2013