Aqua Roll V Waterhog

I bought a water hog because it was cheaper unfortunately the one I bought leaked I went straight back to the dealers and exchanged it for an Aqua-roll, that tends to be par for my luck. :D

Sorry can't help re Waterhog - we've always owned Aquarolls since they were first brought out. In fact we still have our original one plus we bought the larger one when they came out. So - our original one must be well over 25 years old (so long ago I can't remember) - they certainly seem to last for ever, because of this my choice would be aquaroll always.

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

We use a waterhog as the toilet uses an electric flush so the extra over the aqua roll is used for that

Phil.

was a remapped(150 bhp)Freelander TD4 ES Now a Citroen C4GP pulling an Elddis Hurricane GTX

We have waterhog because of the extra 10l over the aquaroll, no problems with it so far.

Ted

Us too for that reason.

Sorry can't help re Waterhog - we've always owned Aquarolls since they were first brought out. In fact we still have our original one plus we bought the larger one when they came out. So - our original one must be well over 25 years old (so long ago I can't remember) - they certainly seem to last for ever, because of this my choice would be aquaroll always.

Hi Jan

I also still have my original Aqua Roll. I bought it from Gart Estate caravan park in Callander around 1962/3

It has metal wheels on a frame that fastened around the water container and then was bolted together.

still water tight but unfortunately not much use now due to the topping up hole being too small to accomodate

the modern pump. Sorry for highjacking the post but your comment brought back memories

Volvo XC90/Swift Challenger

Can't speak about the water hog - we bought an aquaroll and wastemaster when we got our first van five years ago, both are still going strong in good condition after lots of use.

2004 Swift Challenger 550 SLE

I have owned both and the Aquaroll is by far more superior to the Waterhog. The problem I had with the water hog was the handle would pop out of its side mounting on a regular basis.

Also the rubber tyres on the hog would sometimes pop off the mouldings meaning the roller would not rotate properly. The cap never seemed to fit everytime so I would always get a small leak to the point were you could see a water trail from the tap to the caravan.

I ended selling it on Ebay at bought an Aquaroll which is miles better and the 10 litre reduction in capacity is a satisfactory compensation to make.

Just my 2p's worth. .

Range Rover TDV8 Autobiography and 1993 Carlight Commander 184EK MKII

I too have owned both, the handle on the aqua roll is definately better designed but thats the only thing Ican say. Had my waterhog for over ayear now

and im happy with it.

Swiftie

Just remembered - I did once have a problem with the aquaroll, but it was not the aquaroll's fault! I had put the handle, broken down into three sections, in the front locker, but didn't realise that my new van had a plywood floor in the front locker, with ventilation gaps and beneath it the open road! On arriving at a CCC club site in Devon I discovered that one section of the handle was no longer with us. I asked the site manager for directions to the nearest caravan accessory shop, explaining my problem, but no problem! He had a spare handle (I think someone must have left theirs underneath the van, and towed off without it) for which he asked for £1 for the flower fund. So, if anyone needs two thirds of an aqauaroll handle (side and centre), I have them in my garage! And by the way, I now store the handle in the front locker but in one piece.

2004 Swift Challenger 550 SLE

The Aquaroll is much better though the Hog has a larger capacity. The Hog is thinner, more flexible, the tyres come off, the fillers leak and the handle is a truly pathetic design. Other than that it's OK.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you.

I went for the aquroll as it was made of a denser material than other makes that were on show,

my theory was that if lights excluded then I shouldn't have a problem with algae growth

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Aquroll had mine 15 years now and I have a tap as well it was usefull in July 2007 as we had no mains water for 10 days as water works at Tewesbury

floods

I totally agree wiyh Fleng. ..our Waterhog leaks & should have been taken back. The ebay solution is a good one (but would take lots of wrapping paper to send it!)

Formally 'MagentaMan'... with Hyundai Santa Fe Premium 5 seat Auto 2011/Lunar 530 2013 with mover.

I've had this aquaroll for 30yrs back to when we had foot pumps, when Whale designed their submersible electric pump they designed it to fit through the aquaroll opening.

IMG_0003-websize.jpg

Yesterday I picked up our new Sprite Major 5 it seems the designer of the filter/connection modern hose thought he'd not bother designing it to fit the older Aquarolls, the result is I now have to either cut off the filter or buy a new aquaroll :angry::angry::angry:

Wow - lots of help there. Thanks for the replies. You have helped me to decide and I am going to buy a new aqua roll and get an ebay water hog as a back up and to see how it does. Going by the age of some of your aquarolls I don't have to worry about replacing that any time soon.

Sprite Quattro - Kia Sedona

We have had a Waterhog for three or four years now. It can leak slightly if the cap is not properly tightened and the handle does come off the spigots if you try to push rather than pull. We have never had the tyres come off, perhaps because we stick entirely to green field sites. So really no complaints here - it was cheaper and has more capacity.

Bailey Pageant Monarch Series 5 2004

I have a water hog. Holds 10L more than the biggest aqua roll, but having used aqua rolls when caravanning with my parents I have to say they are far superior on the quality front. I wish I had bought an aqua roll - fed up the handle keep popping off the hog!

<p>2007 Sterling Cruach Cuillin & 2016 Volvo XC60 SE D4 190

Hi Candlegirl I would go for Aquaroll everytime I carry 2 also if you are buying one go for one with the larger hole then if you change vans like I did you wont have to change from the smaller Aquaroll to the larger ones as the smaller older types you cannot put the newer filter into them hope this helps cheers Arth

towing with Mitsubishi delica and Elddis Avante Club 524 2008

I started out with nothing and Ive still got some of it left

We use a waterhog as the toilet uses an electric flush so the extra over the aqua roll is used for that

Phil.

Hi Phil,

Sorry to sound a bit dim, but why has the toilet's electric flush got anything to do with the and extra 10lts fresh water supply from you're waterhog?

Thanks

Lloyd

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

Sorry to sound a bit dim, but why has the toilet's electric flush got anything to do with the and extra 10lts fresh water supply from you're waterhog?
Some electric flush loos take fresh water directly from the external water supply rather than a dedicated "flush" tank, hence the need for more water.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.