What Does Sports Pack Mean?iis It Ok To Tow With

julesmart

Hi guys, Bin out today. Seen a Mondeo 2. 2 Titanium x but it has sports pack fitted. Would it be ok to tow with or would the lowered suspention cause problems Thanks again

Swift Challenger 560 (2007) with Reich Motor Mover & Ford Mondeo 2. 2 Titanium X TDCI (08 ) with Sports pack

A lovely Husband & 3 lively Yorkshire Terriers!!

I don't think the suspension is lowered, the Sports pack consists of a Spoiler, Uprated Wheels (larger) and Stiffer Suspension.

Edited by ad210358

The ride feel much better solo and towing. I got sport pack on my 2. 0l TDCI Zetec

I also have sport pack on my 1. 8 TDCI Zetec Estate. Agree with the above, the stiffer springs make it more fun to drive solo, and tows very nice indeed.

Sam

<p>2007 Sterling Cruach Cuillin & 2016 Volvo XC60 SE D4 190

Thanks for the replys . My minds made up, after long & thoughtful thinking, We just bought a Mondeo 2. 2 TDCI Titanium X with sports pack. Pick it up Saturday. Cant wait to give it a go :lol: We got some where booked from the 5th May, so I hope it will be ok.

Swift Challenger 560 (2007) with Reich Motor Mover & Ford Mondeo 2. 2 Titanium X TDCI (08 ) with Sports pack

Thanks for the replys . My minds made up, after long & thoughtful thinking, We just bought a Mondeo 2. 2 TDCI Titanium X with sports pack. Pick it up Saturday. Cant wait to give it a go :lol: We got some where booked from the 5th May, so I hope it will be ok.

You won't regret it. The new Mondeo is a great car both solo and towing. I am envious of you though, I really wanted the 2. 2 Titanium X but could not afford the higher spec so had to settle for the Zetec. I saw a 1 year old 1. 8 Zetec Estate at a stupid price so it was a no brainer! We've only got a small two berth so it's plenty powerful enough for that.

Sam

Hi Sam

Thanks for your reply. I really wanted just the Titanium 2. 0 litre :lol: but got such a great deal on this one that I was mad to turn it down, the recessions good for some things I suppose!!. Its a lovely car though, really happy with it so far, off towing with it next week, so we shall see :rolleyes:

Sorry Chilly I'll zip it now, but it is lovely!!! ;)

Hi guys, Bin out today. Seen a Mondeo 2. 2 Titanium x but it has sports pack fitted. Would it be ok to tow with or would the lowered suspention cause problems Thanks again

sports pack is an option unless you have the zetec model wich comes as standard, it is stiffer springs and dampers [not lowered] sports style front seat [hug you better] aircon front fogs larger alloy wheels and tyres, but you state titanium x is this not the ghia replacement if so then you should be able to alter the suspensoin on the computer on the dash

Tip if so then when towing setup up would be suspension in sport mode and all the rest in comfort mode, there is an adaptive mode ive not yet really played with.

Edited by mark elliott

Also the sports suspension is not adjustable that is called something else

my car has comfort/standard and sports setup on the suspension system, all controlled by the onbourd computer and it make an amazing difference

all zetecs have sports suspension as its part of the full kit that zetecs have

Edited by mark elliott

Hi Mark

The Tit X is the one above the Ghia,& it does not have anything that you can turn off, as you say, the pack is all cosmetic. I know what you mean though, we had the option to turn the sports off on a Focus we had.

We have just got back from our Bank Holiday trip, first time towing with the Mondeo.

The Mondeo proved to be a worthy towcar, and our route included Fish hill Broadway and Stow hill, so a real test of its hill climbing with the van behind.

I was a bit disappointed that we did not make 30mpg, the average on the dash readout was ~29mpg (out and back), but I was holding 4th on some of the undulating roads on route.

Hi Chilly. I'm glad your pleased with your car. We go for our 1st outing today. Hope it lives up to my expectations.

We have just got back from our Bank Holiday trip, first time towing with the Mondeo.

The Mondeo proved to be a worthy towcar, and our route included Fish hill Broadway and Stow hill, so a real test of its hill climbing with the van behind.

I was a bit disappointed that we did not make 30mpg, the average on the dash readout was ~29mpg (out and back), but I was holding 4th on some of the undulating roads on route.

Hi Chilly

After a long tow at easter from Blackpool to the Cotswalds my MPG was reading out 35 on the computer, it is a little optimistic, when I calculated it manaully it was coming out at 32MPG which I was still very pleased with.

Sam

We've got the 2. 5T Titanium X with Sports pack which makes the car more stable. The 2. 5 is a brilliant engine and as they are £3k less than the diesel I can buy a lot of fuel for that. Not a lot less with the van on than solo and nearly 30 solo. Lots of fun as well.

BMW 530D Touring M Sport auto, Coachman Pastiche 470/2 2011

Were abouts in the cotswolds did you go?

We were at Evesham for the bank holiday, so not far from Broadway, and on route passed through Stow on the Wold and Burford.

We were staying on the C&CC site in Winchcombe - very nice site, got a pitch next to the lake which was nice. On arrival we were told we were being pithed on the far end of the site where the families with kids were because we had a dog. I queried why and was told dogs are noisy like kids, after a little discussion he agreed to park us in the quieter area away from the kids. Not a very friendly welcome for our first visit to a club site, but a great easter was had by all three of us. And the dog was very good, yes he barks but he shuts up when we tell him too!

Mods - sorry for going off topic in the towcar section!

Sam

Edited by SamP

• 2 years later...

Hello. I've just bought a 2009 2. 2 Titanium x sport estate and now need to get a towbar fitted. Trying to decide which one prefer a flanged type but unsure whether to get detachable or fixed. Has anyone got any advise and maybe photos of theirs fitted please I'm quite worried about the bumper cut.

Thank you

Mark

Not sure about the bumper cut issue but yours will have parking sensors. Not only will your sensors have more chance of 'seeing' a fixed flange bar, I find i'm always worried I'm going to hit whatever is behind me if I rely on sensors with my (detachable) bar fitted

2007 BMW 535d & 2011 Adria Altea 542DT

Hello. I've just bought a 2009 2. 2 Titanium x sport estate and now need to get a towbar fitted. Trying to decide which one prefer a flanged type but unsure whether to get detachable or fixed. Has anyone got any advise and maybe photos of theirs fitted please I'm quite worried about the bumper cut.

Thank you

Mark

Hi Mark,

Though I have a Galaxy (a Mondeo on steroids) it required a bumper cut which is under the bumper and can't be seen. My towbar, a Witter is a detachable and it very neat, the only thing you can see in normal running mode is a black receptor, for the towball, which is around 1. 5ins wide and the 13 pin socket swivels up behind the bumper.

I have no issues with reversing sensors with the towball attatched,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.