Stolen Hobby Ewood Caravans

bighomer

Hi,

I am new to this forum and trying to get information on my stolen caravan,

I have just found a thread about Ian Thaine of Ewood Caravans, Adlington. I had my Hobby stolen in 2006 from Ewood Caravans. Is it possible anyone would have a name and/or contact number for the police officers involved in investigating Ewood Caravans? When my van was stolen he had supposed to have been burgled and Mr. Thane was paid out from his insurance and then went bust.

At the moment I live in france but am coming to the UK for a couple of days on the 23rd April and I am hopeing to get a look to see if my van is there.

My Van is a Hobby 720UKFE and it had alterations done inside from new so it is easily noticed

I really hope you can help me,

Thanks

Bighomer

I know he appeared at Blackburn magistrates court last August and the case was due to be transferred to Crown Court but there is no information since then. .it may be worth contacting Lancashire Police who may be able to point you in the right direction

Cheers

Hobbynut

It wasn't me. .The big lads did it and ran away

I know he appeared at Blackburn magistrates court last August and the case was due to be transferred to Crown Court but there is no information since then. .it may be worth contacting Lancashire Police who may be able to point you in the right direction

Cheers

Hobbynut

Hi,

I have contacted the police in Blackburn Lancashire and they can not tell me who is dealing with this,

I have also contacted the Lancashire stolen vehicles unit and they also can not tell me who is dealing with the case.

It is a possibility my caravan is with the ones recovered A Long shot I know

Thanks

David

So, Lancashire Police are no better than Humberside Police as their left hand never knows what the right one is doing and I speak from experience. .I think I would write a letter to the Chief Constable and after it's found it's way down the chain of command then someone will either phone you or write to you. .thats how it works in Humberside

Cheers

Hobbynut

Hi,

I have contacted the police in Blackburn Lancashire and they can not tell me who is dealing with this,

I have also contacted the Lancashire stolen vehicles unit and they also can not tell me who is dealing with the case.

It is a possibility my caravan is with the ones recovered A Long shot I know

Thanks

David

Try contacting the office of the local MP. As useless as MPs are it might help. You can get the email address from the House of Commons website. Failing that try emailing Jaqui Smith the Home Secretary, give her something to do, in between claiming her expenses :rolleyes:

Edited by jan69c

Regards
Ian

At the moment I live in France, So My local MP would not be of any use.

I am returning to the UK and need to sort this out for when I arrive so I might get some positive

response from the powers that be (UK Police)

I telephoned them already and was told they do not work on the weekend . .Well I suppose that is good to know if you want to go and comit crime, But it does not help the victim much.

I will try hitting the phone on Monday morning to every dept I can get hold of

Thanks

bighomer

At the moment I live in France, So My local MP would not be of any use.

I am returning to the UK and need to sort this out for when I arrive so I might get some positive

response from the powers that be (UK Police)

I telephoned them already and was told they do not work on the weekend . .Well I suppose that is good to know if you want to go and comit crime, But it does not help the victim much.

I will try hitting the phone on Monday morning to every dept I can get hold of

Thanks

bighomer

Still give the MP a try. They carry a lot of weight when it comes to sorting problems. My old (labour) MP was very good. Not has to use the new Lib Dem chap yet.

Regards
Ian

• 5 months later...

Hi I also took my hobby 700exl in to ewood for repair but had a stroke of luck when i found out some of the vans had been past on to a dealer in wales has a bad det i found mine on a site in wales but the police down there and Blackburn were a waste of time,I now have sued the dealer in Wales (Old Law/good solicitor) and won the full value of van in court. I got to know ian thaine and found out is scam from a ex employee I now live in France if you wont any more details you are more than welcome to call me or e- mail on stevehoward2@btinternet. com for tel number

Millie104

As an Administrator of a club for Hobby owners, I would be extremely interested in any information that you have

Cheers

Hobbynut

• 1 month later...
I know he appeared at Blackburn magistrates court last August and the case was due to be transferred to Crown Court but there is no information since then
UPDATE:

http://ow. ly/DmW8

The following is taken from an article by David Barnes published yesterday, Wednesday 18th November 2009, in "The Blackburn Citizen"

Lower Darwin caravan boss stole £114,000 customers' money.

A BUSINESSMAN who pocketed nearly £114,000 of customers' money from the sale of caravans has been sent to prison for 16 months.

Money that ought to have been handed over to clients was instead used to pay bills and expenses for Ewood Caravans, Branch Road, Lower Darwen.

Ian Thane, 46, of Kendal Close, Skipton, who is now on benefits, admitted 12 theft charges at Preston Crown Court.

Neville Biddle, prosecuting, said that Thane had had a business called Adlington Caravans, near Chorley. In 2005 it hit financial problems and by November 2006 it was wound up and the defendant made bankrupt.

He could no longer act as a director at Ewood Caravans, which carried on trading. The offences covered dates between January and October 2007. The court heard that one victim who agreed to let the defendant sell his motor home for around £34,000 lost out when his insurance refused to pay out afterwards.

He had originally bought his motor home for £43,000. The defendant had earlier sold two static caravans for him in the past and given him the money from the sales without any problems.

Another victim was still paying around £400 a month for the finance on her caravan.

Mr Biddle said: "The victims were people who are not well off, who had saved hard to buy their caravans for their holidays. The loss to them has hit them very hard. "The upset, loss and inconvenience here are particularly high".

Defence barrister Katherine Pierpoint Thane was now a 'broken man in a number of ways'.

He said: "It was never his intention to steal money or caravans from people. It came from a financial muddle, in one way like taking money from Peter to pay Paul. "The business got into a terrible state."

Judge Michael Byrne told Thane the case was too serious to merit a suspended sentence. He said: "The defendant should have realised the dire straits he was in and the effect his conduct was having on the victims whose assets or cash he was dishonestly devoting to his business."

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Very interesting but not a geat sentence considering the upset it caused to so many people

Cheers

Hobbynut