My New Bailey Carolina Is Great !

bigbobby

As above, we are chuffed with it,

a few questions for those that also have one :

1) do they all come with the plastic film on the floor ? this is put down then all units are fitted ontop which makes it very hard to remove, you have to either run round it with a stanly knife which scores the floor and leaves a edge flapping or, as I did, remove all unit floor screws and very carefully pull it out, took ages to get it done right,

2) tried the jack, rubbish, broke second time round, Alko recommend the side life jack for the twin axle vans not the 2 tonne scissor jack it comes with, have requested a replacement,

3) whats the best type of 4 wheel motor mover ? are they a DIY fit ?, I don't want a dealer to bodge it on,

4) if there somewhere to store the rear table, I can't see anywhere,

5) what are the 2 white plastic covers for ? about 6" x 12", they were loose in the van,

Stamjammer I am surprized yours is happy at 70, mine doesn't feel all that stable at 62 with a volvo XC90, maybe I need to crank it up a bit ( calm down anti speeders, just joking !)

Dave

5) what are the 2 white plastic covers for ? about 6" x 12", they were loose in the van,

Dave

I'm guessing the covers are the winter covers for your fridge vents. If so, they will have 2 small locking buttons on one edge.

Do they look something like this. .. http://www. east-coast-leisure. co. uk/module. ..TCOVERS1915. htm

Used to help with the cooling performance of your fridge when the outside temperature is below 8 degrees C, and many people put them on when their caravan isn't being used.

Have Bailey - Will Travel

1) do they all come with the plastic film on the floor ? this is put down then all units are fitted ontop which makes it very hard to remove, you have to either run round it with a stanly knife which scores the floor and leaves a edge flapping or, as I did, remove all unit floor screws and very carefully pull it out, took ages to get it done right,

2) tried the jack, rubbish, broke second time round, Alko recommend the side life jack for the twin axle vans not the 2 tonne scissor jack it comes with, have requested a replacement,

3) whats the best type of 4 wheel motor mover ? are they a DIY fit ?, I don't want a dealer to bodge it on,

4) if there somewhere to store the rear table, I can't see anywhere,

Stamjammer I am surprized yours is happy at 70, mine doesn't feel all that stable at 62 with a volvo XC90, maybe I need to crank it up a bit ( calm down anti speeders, just joking !)

Dave

Hi Dave,

I've had the Carolina for over a year now:

1. Yes it comes with a plastic floor cover and yes Bailey has screwed items over the top of it. I used a knife and pulled through some parts - took about an hour.

2. Jack is rubbish, binned it and bought a Kojack.

3. Don't need one, happy to reverse with it in most cases.

4. Yes, it fits really nicely if you slide it between the bunks and the rear seat. flat part at the bottom and triangular shape at the top. Also acts as a bed guard in this position. Works a treat!

5. Never had any plastic covers in mine apart from the vent covers for the fridge etc - got a photo?

I drag mine with a Caravelle, probably more stable as the van is as wide as the caravan and smooths the airflow over the van - I've never had to clean flys off the front window of the caravan! I'm really supprised it isn't stable at 60 odd considering it is a twin axle and fitted with the alko device.

Other things I have bought:

Tyre pressure Indicator caps - very good.

Issabella Magnum porch awning - fits a treat on the back around the windows

The kojack

Mattress topper from COSTCO for the front bed - store on the rear top bunk during the day - fits perfectly.

The JONIC bedding for the rear bunks - very smart.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed ours so far - perfect for a family with 3 kids.

P. S Top tip - when kids are watching a DVD, go into the players setting and change the fade all the way to the rear. Stops having to listen to the DVD at the front of the van.

Regards

Stamjamaar

Dont loose them I bought the 2 fridge winter covers from Bailey and cost me £46!!

Neil. .

Ford Mondeo Titanium x Auto Estate / Bailey Pagent burgundy series 7

Hi all,

Sean C, maybe, I have bought a nose weight scale to check it,

Rugrat, cheers, you are right,

Stamjammer, thanks,

don't know why they do the floor like that, no big deal I guess, just awkward,

will see if they send me a free side lift jack, if not may get the kojack,

cheers, table fits neat there,

I struggle to spin it on my driveway and have to drive over the lawn, will see how I get on next trip, from what I can gather the 'Reich' ones are about the best.

not used the DVD yet but nice tip for when we do,

will check nose weight next time to see if this helps it sit better,

we have only used it once but I agree it seems to be the best van on the market if you have 3 small kids, have booked up the summer with loads of trips !

Dave