Taps

sean c

Why is it that the the taps in my van are fitted with a device that makes the water spray out with such force that I get a damp patch on the front of my trousers? I assume that it is for slowing down the usage of water.

Can they be removed? (the bits on the tap not the trousers) or is the water pressure too high?

Thanks

Sean

Bailey s5 Senator Carolina + Ford Ranger Double Cab + VFR800Fiw

Why is it that the the taps in my van are fitted with a device that makes the water spray out with such force that I get a damp patch on the front of my trousers? I assume that it is for slowing down the usage of water.

Can they be removed? (the bits on the tap not the trousers) or is the water pressure too high?

Thanks

Sean

Why not fit a pressure reducer?

Look at the tap and if it is the spray type there will be a line around it about 1/2" up from the end of the tap. .

-- that bit unscrews [there should be a special bit of kit for it - looks like a large white wing nut]

-- and you take it of and clean it out - the holes do get blocked

-- this will "probably" stop it spraying all over the place. .

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

The 'spray' bit on my taps is right at the outlet and unscrews. There are two flats on the bit that unscrews so that a spanner or pair of plumbers pliers can be used to take it off to clean. It's a good idea to clean it at least once a year since some of the holes do get blocked and can be cleaned with a pin. And yes, the spray can be fierce and will depend on the pressure generated by your pump.

Have you tried only turning the tap on a little?

Turning on our basin tap full results in the water bouncing out of the basin and ending up on the walls, the floor and the user, so we only turn it on a little.

Jennifer

Sterling Elite Searcher, Volvo XC90 SE D5 Auto

Another cure would be to remove your trousers when operating the tap - that way they wont get wet!! :D

:D

I just took the plastic bits out of the taps

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6