Outside Bbq Point

trottster

could someone please tell me what type of connector i req to connect the outside bbq point ? is it some sort of regulator

my caravan is a swift challenger 490 2006 model

many thanks

If your gas outlet has a red tap that you turn 90 degrees it is probably one of These

No regulator is required as it uses the one on the outlet from the gas bottle.

Steve

You need a 8mm nozzle-type connector that clicks straight into the outlet on the side of the van. No regulator is required as the outlet is connected to the caravan regulator. the connectors are usually supplied with the caravan, but can be bought at most caravan accessory shops. The hose to the BBQ is normally restricted to 2 meteres in lengh I beleive.

Kia Sorento XS with Swift Challenger 570

You need a 8mm nozzle-type connector that clicks straight into the outlet on the side of the van. No regulator is required as the outlet is connected to the caravan regulator. the connectors are usually supplied with the caravan, but can be bought at most caravan accessory shops. The hose to the BBQ is normally restricted to 2 meteres in lengh I beleive.

Where does this 2 metre rule come from? I can buy a 10m propane hose for a gas axe so I don't understand this.

I have an external gas outlet but it's sat in the shed as I've not yet fitted it (I'm missing that essential tool - a roundtuit). I carry a 3. 5/4kg cylinder as back up and have always used that, allowing me to put the BBQ where I want to.

Can someone convince me that I should fit the gas outlet, please.

Mike

Where does this 2 metre rule come from? I can buy a 10m propane hose for a gas axe so I don't understand this.

I have an external gas outlet but it's sat in the shed as I've not yet fitted it (I'm missing that essential tool - a roundtuit). I carry a 3. 5/4kg cylinder as back up and have always used that, allowing me to put the BBQ where I want to.

Mike

There is a rule somewhere about maximum lengths of hose for them, but most dealers will sell it to you by the metre.

I can't help convince you as I have gone through 3 gas bbq's, consigned them all to the shed and gone back to using disposable ones sat in a basic £11 Sainsbury's square kettle bbq. B)B)

Nothing tasted bbq'd.

Steve

You can get a connector cheep enough from most dealers, eg; east-coast-leisure. co. uk

The 1. 5 or 2 metre rule was an advisory length of pipe when we were on the reliable gas old system, as in how much pipe will I need,

This was distorted to mean you can only get 2 meters at a time, any firm in the know will sell you as much pipe as you need.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Mike

When I bought hose at two seperate dealers they both said that the max they would sell was 2 meters. I was not quoting any gas "rule" thats why I said "I believe" in my original post. Just trying to help with a genuine reply to a genuine question. I understand the thinking is that a longer hose would give possible problems in respect to tripping over the trailing hose.

Kia Sorento XS with Swift Challenger 570

The instructions to both the gas bbq's I have bought have said clearly that the hose should not be more than 2 metres - but I can't remember what reason was given.

2004 Swift Challenger 550 SLE

I bought some hose for my BBQ last weekend and was told that 1. 5 metres should be the maximum length due to pressure drop in the hose?

If you go to a calor gas distribution centre they will sell you any length you ask for. I heat my greenhouse using Propane and as the bottles are outside and the heater inside . . :) . ... I use a 5 metre length of hose, replaced every 3 years ( simply because it is exposed to the elements 24/7 ).

They have also supplied me with a 4 metre length for use on the 'van, so I can B-B-Q at a safe distance from the awning whilst using the 'van connection. I cannot for the life of me understand why the point is inside the awning rail ???

My loacl centre also made me 2. 5 metre "pig tail" for use with the stupid new regulators, so I can use a large gas bottle (13 Kg) which is far cheaper than the 6 kg ones.

I have no idea where the 2 metre idea comes from . . it seems to be "caravan accessory shop" limitation . . . no-one else seems to mind . . :)