New - To Us - Fleetwood!!

Neil P

We collected our 2007 Fleetwood 560-2 (or so the manual reads) from West Midland caravans yesterday. We saw it in their yard Easter Saturday advertised at £11,999. Long story short is we had a look around it is a similar layout to what our Cabby used to be. They offered us £7,500 sight unseen for our Abbey so, given the problems we started experiencing (missing light fittings, knackered battery, non-working toilet flush etc.) we said "Deal"!! Whilst there we ducked back into Jacksons and bought a 110 A/HR battery using the 5% discount card that West Midlands gave us.

They asked to keep it till Thursday to service it and change the motor mover over for us. We turned up on Thursday and all was well (apart from the previous owners walking off with the control panel for the radio/CD/dvd palyer and the Al-Ko secure wheel lock. We were fortunate thate the Abbey had the same radio unit so West Midlands allowed us to retain our control panel and remote. We have to replace the wheel loack ASAP though as it's a condition of the insurance that it is fitted.

Looking on the web it seems we have the 14" "Hawk" wheels so we need Al-Ko part number 1287647 for what Al-Ko call the Compact kit. Been pricing it up - from Al-Ko its about £230 delivered - everywhere else thus far is £230 PLUS delivery. ...

It towed home like a dream and we almost made the entire round trip on one tank of LPG in the Explorer - it ran out 2,5 miles from the storage compound. We reckon if the wife had driven up at less than 60 we'd have made it on theone tank as over 60 in the non-aerodynamic brick of a 4x4 eats the fuel. So - now we are Fleetwood owners :D

Neil (Artists Rifles)

There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope. The death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender.

2006 Cabby 740+ LT Champ and 2004 Ford F-250 (1998 Ford Explorer as reserve)

They want Green motoring???  I can do that - I've got 9. 5 tons of Green motoring - that does 2. 5 mpg & 30 mph flat out in permanent 6-wheel drive!!

Welcome to the world of Alvis Stalwarts.

well done Neil -- I hope the van is as good as the Cabby that it is replacing. .

We have to replace the wheel loack ASAP though as it's a condition of the insurance that it is fitted

about the Alko Lock - I don't like them and cant get on with them and although the CC said that as it came standard with the van it "had to be fitted" - I just said sorry I don't want to fit it !! and they made a note on the docs that I wasn't fitting it -- and how much did that cost ???

Nowt !!

In-fact I got a bigger discount for having the ATC fitted -- which they didn't know about -- that was noted on the new policy as well

Happy New Vanning. .

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

i was a fleetwood owner till 3 weeks ago it was a 206 year it was not new when i got it but it was in good nick i was told it had been used about six times i went over it to see if i could find any thing wrong but no it was all good we used it at least 8 times a year going all over the place it was the best van i had ever had every thing seemed to be in the right place so i would say to any one get your self a fleetwood you will be happy with it, its almost home from home now when i sold it i got the same amount back has to what i paid for it it cost me nothing so good luck with your fleetwood you will love it

well done Neil -- I hope the van is as good as the Cabby that it is replacing. .

about the Alko Lock - I don't like them and cant get on with them and although the CC said that as it came standard with the van it "had to be fitted" - I just said sorry I don't want to fit it !! and they made a note on the docs that I wasn't fitting it -- and how much did that cost ???

Nowt !!

In-fact I got a bigger discount for having the ATC fitted -- which they didn't know about -- that was noted on the new policy as well

Happy New Vanning. .

Maurice

You aren't off the hook for getting us into this yet mate!! :D "Go to Jacksons"you said, "They do everything for caravanners" - too damn right they did - including replacement caravans!! :D

I shall come with a way to have our revenge!!! B)

i was a fleetwood owner till 3 weeks ago it was a 206 year it was not new when i got it but it was in good nick i was told it had been used about six times i went over it to see if i could find any thing wrong but no it was all good we used it at least 8 times a year going all over the place it was the best van i had ever had every thing seemed to be in the right place so i would say to any one get your self a fleetwood you will be happy with it, its almost home from home now when i sold it i got the same amount back has to what i paid for it it cost me nothing so good luck with your fleetwood you will love it

Thanks for the reassurance - it's the first Fleetwood we've ever had - to date it's been 3 Abbeys and a Cabby. The Cabby will take a LOT of living up to - but wa are happy with the new (to us) Fleetwood thus far!! :D

Neil (Artists Rifles)

There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope. The death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender.

2006 Cabby 740+ LT Champ and 2004 Ford F-250 (1998 Ford Explorer as reserve)

They want Green motoring???  I can do that - I've got 9. 5 tons of Green motoring - that does 2. 5 mpg & 30 mph flat out in permanent 6-wheel drive!!

Welcome to the world of Alvis Stalwarts.

Hi hope you enjoy your fleetwood as much as we are, Although we have only had the van a very short time, we believe it was money very well spent, and we cannot find one single fault.

BMW X5 3. 0sd m sport twin turbo. Fleetwood Heritage ES6 (2009) Best car ever owned subaru impreza wr1