Best Way To Clean Removable Caravan Carpets.?

Ginner

Good morning campers.

My caravan has removable carpets which while not exactly soiled could do with a once over.

In your experience what is the best way to clean them.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ginner

[

Mine have bonded rubber backing. I use the rotary car cleaner fitting on a powerwasher. Then a rinse off on low power setting.

Thanks for the reply, mine do not have a rubber backing it's more of a nylon weave arrangement, the carpets are light duty I think.

My first thought was to remove the light soiling in areas with a foam cleaner like you would use on upholstry but I then thought this may leave them looking patchy, so I would rather clean the whole carpet.

Regards

Ginner

[

We have a vax carpet cleaner which brings them up a treat. The idea above re: power hosing is a good idea. Most carpets will stand up to it and the power hose will drive out deep down dirt.

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

Well I laid out the carpets on a ground sheet, got on my hands and knees with a bucket of warm water mixed with a generous solution of the Vanish stain remover gel (got a litre bottle from the supermarket) Rubbed them over with a soft nylon scrubbing brush, then hung them over the washing line and got the power washer to em, result they came up a treat I am wet through though.

Ps they smell really good too.

Thank you to everyone who offered help.

[

Just come in from doing mine! I am using Vanish Carpet Shampoo. ..quite pricey at about £4. 79 (Tesco) but it seems to do the job. .mine are also nylon web backed so don't want to soak them as had similar ones in a Lunar and they never fitted well again!

cheers

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530