Devon /cornwall Site Suggestions Please

Thinking about travelling from Scoltand down to Devon/Cornwall area for a 2 week holiday at the start of August. Have tried booking Trevornick but they have no availability. Looking for suggestions of similar sites (not haven) with indoor/outdoor pool, kids entertainment with indoor/outdoor play area (in case of poor weather), hardstanding with elec hook up, good clean toilet/shower facilities with family bathroom. Ages of my children are 8 and 1. I know I am expecting a lot from a site, however I am hoping there are a few out there not fully booked.

Thank you for your suggestions

hi,try pentewan sands(www. pentewansands),near mevagissey,its got everything your looking for plus its own private beach . it is very popular but it does have a sister site (heligan woods)a few miles away but you can still use all the ammenities of the main site,im off there in the middle of aug and i cant wait.

hope this helps

Andy

hi,try pentewan sands(www. pentewansands),near mevagissey,its got everything your looking for plus its own private beach . it is very popular but it does have a sister site (heligan woods)a few miles away but you can still use all the ammenities of the main site,im off there in the middle of aug and i cant wait.

hope this helps

Andy

We stayed at Heligan last August during the rainy season, or was it just our two weeks! My son (8 years old at the time) really enjoyed it there. Anyway, when I checked at the being of March Heligan only had one EHU pitch left and Pentewan had none. So we're trying Perran Springs this August, but probably a bit quiet for you Ray. It seems the majority of the larger sites are fully booked so I think you might find it hard to get somewhere with all you want, especially during the school hoidays

Chris

BMW 520d MSport Tourer - Abbey Freestyle

We have just booked at Trevella Holiday Park Nequay as it come recommended to us. There is also Trenance Holiday Park which has good amenities. Hope you find what your looking for & happy caravanning.

bobsnobs

http://www. parkholidaysuk. com/holidays/par. .._park/index. php

We shall probably go here for a week or 2 in August, will be the first time we've used this site, but have been to the static park next door at Welcome several times and it's great. Kids enjoy it, and it's close enough to walk to the fun park and beach at Dawlish Warren, and a short drive from Dawlish, and not too far for Torquay and all the great places around the area.

We are booked in at watergate bay in Newquay for 2 weeks in july. ..its an all singin all dancin site. .not sure if theres any places left tho. ..

http://www. watergatebaytouringpark. co. uk/

Good luck with your search. ..

Sal :-)

Disco TD5SE JE Engineering stage 2 (198BHP) & 2008 Freestyle 620 with Isabella Commodore Royal

tn_gallery_1122_263_12085.jpg

Ruda Park - Croyde Bay, Devon.

This is a beautiful site with everything you need for adults & children. The bar/entertaiment area is excellent. There is a large kids play area and the beach is a minutes walk. If the weather's poor, there is a good size fun pool with waterchute. Croyde (5-10 mins walk) is a stunning little village with a couple of pubs and good places for food. It has your usual shops with bits & bobs, bakers (gorgeous pasties) and ice cream outlets. Check this site out - its perfect! Only criticism, you have to leave!

:)

(from above)

Ruda Park will probably be booked this late in the year (for August). Try Hendra in Newquay, its a large complex with everything you need. Its just outside Newquay so you have all that Newquays offers on your doorstep.

This late, you'll need somewhere large like Hendra.

Trevella near Newquay. I second the earlier posting for that. :D

Also there's a site just outside Darmouth near the Camping and Caravan Club site and opposite a new Sainsbury's.

Haven't stayed there but spoke with some people who have and they rate it highly.

Maybe someone on here will know what it's called.

Volvo V70 D4 Estate automatic Swift Challenger SE 580

I wouldn't bother with Sea View International at Goran Haven Near Mevagissy again.

We were touring Cornwall (again) and booked in for a week but left a day early.

There is a pool, but it was shut for the duration of our stay (July)

1) There is just a glimpse of a "Sea View" about two miles distant from one side of the park over a wall.

1) IMHO the fees are extremely high for what's on offer.

3) The roads around the park are very "Tight" - and we've done Cornwall several times and expect narrow roads, but these . ..........Take plenty of spare underwear !!

Pentuan Sands just down the road looks a much better site though we haven't stayed there yet.

- Wilkie

We went to Treloy near Newquay plenty of spaces last year not to bad has outside pool not a great deal for indoor play area but we latched on to a caravan club meet

towing with Mitsubishi delica and Elddis Avante Club 524 2008

I started out with nothing and Ive still got some of it left

Thinking about travelling from Scoltand down to Devon/Cornwall area for a 2 week holiday at the start of August. Have tried booking Trevornick but they have no availability. Looking for suggestions of similar sites (not haven) with indoor/outdoor pool, kids entertainment with indoor/outdoor play area (in case of poor weather), hardstanding with elec hook up, good clean toilet/shower facilities with family bathroom. Ages of my children are 8 and 1. I know I am expecting a lot from a site, however I am hoping there are a few out there not fully booked.

Thank you for your suggestions

Hi

You could try polmanter at halstown near st ives, not sure about kids entertainments but they do have some stuff going off at the club house on site. Nice site not noisy and walking distance into st ives down a footpath and a little bus that brings you back up the hill for a small fee. They do have very good clean showers with one block having private washrooms which families use. We have been there at some stage in the year for the past five years we are there in july this year lets hope we have a better time than last august it was a bit wet.

Dave m

• 2 months later...

I stayed at Tregarton Park in Cornwall in April. It's located just down the road from Heligan Gardens but before the tight roads of Gorran Haven down to Sea View international. Their website is second to none, pictures, 360 degree views and can check availability of pitches, book on line and reserve your pitch!!

2000 Range Rover Vogue Autobiography 4. 6 V8 tugging a 2011 Elddis Crusader Supersirocco

We have stayed at Monkey Tree a few times now.

Very large pitches. Nice toilet / shower facilities. Good swimming pool and bar / restaurant.

10 Minuite drive to Newquay.

Reasonably priced too.

Edited by PETE1

Sorento XS Auto towing a Lunar Delta RS.