New Sprite Major 5 Mods, Will They Invalidate My Warranty?

princejim

I would like to add 2 more 240v sockets in the caravan, one inside and one on the out side for the awning, will this invalidate my warranty. The Caravan is new Feb 2009. Also would like to add a BBQ point so we don't have to lug a gas bottle out of the front locker. Any thoughts would be appriciated. It's a Sprite Major 5.

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

Hi Princejim

The fitting of additional mains sockets and a BBQ point generally would not invalidate your warranty, however any problems caused as a result of your modifications (i. e. water ingress from the BBQ point etc) would not be covered.

We would always advise that any modifications are done by a competent persons, especially electrical and gas work,

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Andy

Swift Group Website: www. swiftgroup. co. uk

Swift Group Handbooks: www. swiftgroup. co. uk/caravans/handbooks

Hi Princejim

The fitting of additional mains sockets and a BBQ point generally would not invalidate your warranty, however any problems caused as a result of your modifications (i. e. water ingress from the BBQ point etc) would not be covered.

We would always advise that any modifications are done by a competent persons, especially electrical and gas work,

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Andy

Thanks Andy.

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

I would like to add 2 more 240v sockets in the caravan, one inside and one on the out side for the awning, will this invalidate my warranty. The Caravan is new Feb 2009. Also would like to add a BBQ point so we don't have to lug a gas bottle out of the front locker. Any thoughts would be appriciated. It's a Sprite Major 5.

Have you considered fitting the outside on within an externally accessed locker, that way you don't need to puncture the skin of the caravan and also keeps it out of harms way.

Steve

Have you considered fitting the outside on within an externally accessed locker, that way you don't need to puncture the skin of the caravan and also keeps it out of harms way.

Steve

Hi Steve can you elaborate on this as I may want to do the same thing for the BBQ point

Thanks

Ian

Jaguar XF 3. 0 D tugging an Swift Challenger Sport 584