Bradcot Awning

grasmere59

We have decided to buy a new Bradcot Classic awning but do we go for the easy alloy option or the fibreglass poles?We have heard that the alloy poles can break in strong winds but is there anybody out there that has had this problem?,is the small extra cost of the ixl poles worth it?,any input appreciated,

Debs

2012 Freelander SD4 HSE towing a 2007 Elddis Sunstyle GT 482

We have decided to buy a new Bradcot Classic awning but do we go for the easy alloy option or the fibreglass poles?We have heard that the alloy poles can break in strong winds but is there anybody out there that has had this problem?,is the small extra cost of the ixl poles worth it?,any input appreciated,

Debs

We have the Classic with the easy alloy poles, we caravan all year round and have had no problems.

The main reason the poles get damaged is that the awning is not securely pegged down using all of the pegging points, some only peg the main ones such as the corners and middle etc. and we always use rock pegs in both soil and hardstandings.

We don't use a storm strap as Bradcot say they should not be used with the awning.

Steve

We have the Classic with the easy alloy poles, we caravan all year round and have had no problems.

The main reason the poles get damaged is that the awning is not securely pegged down using all of the pegging points, some only peg the main ones such as the corners and middle etc. and we always use rock pegs in both soil and hardstandings.

We don't use a storm strap as Bradcot say they should not be used with the awning.

Steve

We have the same,with easy alloy. Excellent. Bradcot,I think,have their own unique storm strap but no others should be used,if I remember correctly.

Easy alloys can be kept in pristine condition by spraying with silicone based furniture polish at the end of the season.

I am selling (for a friend) a Bradcot Classic Awning Link here : http://www. caravantalk. org. uk/index. php?sh. ..c=23693&hl=

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Grandpa Steve
Advert in Classified - GPS

Kia Sorento KX3 towing Bailey Unicorn Barcelona 2011

I have the Active with the easy alloy poles .

Always remember never to extend the poles fully on the 3 section poles do it half and half if you know what i mean .

I have a Brad cot storm kit (pricey for what it is) and used it for the first time last week in Blackpool as it did get windy one day

Hyundai Santa Fe

SWIFT Oronsay 570