Conqueror Probs (water & Window)

ADG

Hi All,

We're back in the UK From our little holl (10 nights over Holland, Germany, Luxembourg and France!) and we managed to get a ferry on the day we wanted!

We were towing our 2008 Conqueror 480 with a Kia Sorento, which was a great match.

We've had a few problems.

1. Water pump - it wont start when the shower head is in the holder + "pulsates" the bathroom tap on cold + when on hot (both taps) water will flow until pressure is lost. .. then it wont run for about 5 or so seconds.

2. We found water in the kitchen cupboard, the cold feed was leaking - believing they are "push-fit" i've pushed them back in; appears to be fixed. (pump was cutting in every 3 or 4 mins)

3. Front windows - Marks are appearing in the in-side of the layers. - I met a guy in Germany, with an '08 twin axle Conqueror, and he's had a new window, under warranty as it collapsed in-wards when towing! - his problem started like mine. ..

Ok, that's it, all well apart from that! - any thoughts please?

Al & Sam (still on tour but back in the UK)

Al.

Quite a few of us have had a new window under warranty, so you should be ok, see discussion earlier on here.

Pump. ....someone else had the shower head problem, pressure switch on pump may need adjusted.

This may also cure the pulsing, if not then a surge damper/accumulator should sort it if the pump is otherwise ok.

Jennifer

Sterling Elite Searcher, Volvo XC90 SE D5 Auto

We very often hear of problems with pressurised water systems - can anyone explain the advantages of a pressurised system compared to the earlier tap switches.

Gerry

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645

Thanks All,

We'll get it into the dealers in a week or so; our Olds are off to France in June with our van, so want it sorted for them.

The Pump wasnt the best before we left, and never started the shower from head-height, but has got much worse. .. As you say, we've had a leak. .. :(

Al.

The earlier Micro switches tend to fail, pressurised systems tend to leak if not assembled correctly ! LOL

I suspect the earlier micro switches only failed because there was no relay in the system so the micro switch was switching the pump current. I have had the pressurised system in my previous 'van but now have micro switches which I prefer

Gerry

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645

I've been in (Without the 'van) to see the dealers. They have submitted a warranty claim to Swift for the front window.

But, they say an adjustment is not covered by warranty, so are not really willing to have a look at my water problems.

I will adjust myself, and then go shout at them if it does not work. :huh:

Al.

I've been in (Without the 'van) to see the dealers. They have submitted a warranty claim to Swift for the front window.

But, they say an adjustment is not covered by warranty, so are not really willing to have a look at my water problems.

I will adjust myself, and then go shout at them if it does not work. :huh:

wow they are helpful aren't they!!!!!!!!

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

I find the fact that the dealer does not want to solve your water problem to be unacceptable.( whatever happened to customer relations, keep the customer happy so he comes back and buys another van from them ).If you read through this forum to do with Swift related makes, it is blatently obvious that the lads at Swift are bending over backwards to help us all ( and believe me I have had exemplary service from them since I have had my van) and some of the dealers are doing b. ...r all. .As caravan firms close I think it's important that the existing ones do all in their power to stay alive and Swift are doing exactly this only to be let down by some sub standard dealerships who think customer service died many years ago. If you don't get good service from a dealership then don't go back, look elsewhere and hopefully only the strong will survive and the poor ones will end up where they belong

Cheers

Hobbynut

It wasn't me. .The big lads did it and ran away

. ... If you don't get good service from a dealership then don't go back. ...

This is my 2nd Dealer, the 1st was appalling for after service - It's the same "brand" of dealer but a different branch in a different place.

They say that "Any adjustments should have been covered by the PDI" - I explained that this is a problem that has developed, as i wouldn't have taken delivery of the 'van if it's water system was pulsating!

Al.

You know that their statement is rubbish and so do I and everyone who reads this post. .What motivates these people to be so useless and unhelpful. It's not as if you are asking for something which is unreasonable, you only want it to work like it should. I think we should have a section on this website entitled " Name Them & Shame Them "..A sort of league table showing best and worst. .however some dealers are that thick skinned they wouldn't be bothered. .What a dealer needs to remember is this. .Although you and I love caravanning, we CAN live without a caravan but the dealers CANNOT live without people like us who buy them. .No customer equals no dealerships

Cheers

Hobbynut

Edited by Hobbynut

It wasn't me. .The big lads did it and ran away

ADG,

If you PM me your details and your chassis number I will see what I can do to get you sorted,

Thanks

Andy

Swift Group Website: www. swiftgroup. co. uk

Swift Group Handbooks: www. swiftgroup. co. uk/caravans/handbooks

We also had load's of problems with our new swift challenger, and swift went out there way not to put things right.

Hence the reason now sold. .

Never again. .

BMW X5 3. 0sd m sport twin turbo. Fleetwood Heritage ES6 (2009) Best car ever owned subaru impreza wr1

Hi just following on from Hobbynuts comments. The idea of a Name and Shame section is a great idea. I'm also a member of a few different sites where they do have this section, and it works well. We should also praise those who do us a good turn.

BMW X5 3. 0sd m sport twin turbo. Fleetwood Heritage ES6 (2009) Best car ever owned subaru impreza wr1

I still don't have any info from Swift or the Dealer - we have tried to contact dealer today, but nothing heard so far.

Will be back on the phone this afternoon. ... :(

Al.

Guest John KS
We also had load's of problems with our new swift challenger, and swift went out there way not to put things right.

Hence the reason now sold. .

Never again. .

Now you have a van from a company that has gone bust. Nuff said I think!!!!!!!

I still don't have any info from Swift or the Dealer - we have tried to contact dealer today, but nothing heard so far.

Will be back on the phone this afternoon. ... :(

Hi ADG,

sorry for the delay to your PM, I have sent you a PM,

Thanks

Andy

Now you have a van from a company that has gone bust. Nuff said I think!!!!!!!

]And a car that will give more grief than the Swift would ever had done and at a lot more cost too!!!

Edited by lexuscol

1998 Swift Europa 460 (Updated a bit) Too good to change

2003 Mercedes C Class 220 CDI Too good to change

BNSF DCC model railroad

Guest John KS
]And a car that will give more grief than the Swift would ever had done and at a lot more cost too!!!

Didn't notice the car. I agree. .... Black Man's Wheels you mean!!!!

Edited by John KS

I spoke to both Swift and the dealer last week.

Dealer says: your claim has been agreed, and your window will be here in 4-6 weeks.

(4-6 weeks for a window?! Havin' a Laff right?!)

Swift: you have a PM.

We're away over the May-week school holidays, and would love the water to be fixed. The window can wait, as it's mainly cosmetic.

Al.

• 2 weeks later...

well, it's been over a month now, i still dont have a new window, and still dont have a correctly working water supply. ..

We've been told by swift, that parts for the water system are going to a local dealer (not the one thats dealing with the window, as they are not truma dealers) and to book in the 'van. I called into see them last Monday; they wouldnt make any arrangements, as they "didn't know what they were going to get" and "had never done this before!"

Ooo dear - I've emailed Swift last week with these comments, and Truma and Swift again over the weekend. . i await with baited breath. .

We are away next week for the half-term week, and again, 4th trip since new, it's the 4th trip without a fully-functioning 'van. ..

Can i not call-in to the Swift Factory next week Please to sort both problems? (We're coming to North Yorkshire anyway, i could certainly come to hull for 9am Monday morning?)

Thanks, Al.

Al.

Up-date ------

Truma have promptly replied to emails (Thanks Truma!) and have sent parts (unfortunately to wrong branch, hence delay) but, this has been rectified, and we should be back on track this week.

Edited by ADG

Al.

Hi ADG,

I've just sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Ash