Number Plate In Rear Window

chillypenguin

We have just sorted the towcar out, so no money for a caravan. But no problem, as I know were I can borrow one ;)

One issue we have is swapping number plates. As we don't want to drill holes to fix it, if avoidable. How illegal would it be to put our (proper approved) plate in the rear window and cover up the old mans?

We are not intending to tow at night, and what I have read just says that it must be a proper approved plate, no fit tip on cardboard. And illuminated at night.

If you can get round the edges of the existing one, you could use rubber bands?

Sticky number plate adhesive patches? Any good car spares place will be able to provide. Remove the oldplate if fastened using these with a length of fishing line run behind the plate and then affix the new one. Caravans do require illuminated plates, and the police maybe more likely to stop you becuase of an incorrectly dispalyed plate.

I have propped a plate in the rear window on occasion when I'm not towing with the main towcar, but then I also did a trip once with a new towcar and forgot to change the plate over beforehand!

"Scars are souvenirs you never loose"

2010 Swift Charisma Freestyle 550 + 2007 Nissan Pathfinder Aventura.

If the existing one has any straight edged letters or numbers cut some velcro to the size placing it on the black lines. Line up the backing bit on your plate.

If you can get round the edges of the existing one, you could use rubber bands?

Just get some of the double sided sponge tape from a car accessory dealer and made for the purpose. Stick your plate over the top of the other after giving it a good clean. To remove, just thread some strong fishing line between the two plates and pull through the tape to cut it - Simples :-)

Bailey Pageant Monarch Series 5 2004

If the existing one has any straight edged letters or numbers cut some velcro to the size placing it on the black lines. Line up the backing bit on your plate.

I like that suggestion. I had through of velcro (even have a couple of rolls). My idea had been to put it round the outside of the other plate, but I was concerned that there would not be enough contact to hold it in place. But furry letters :) theres an idea.