Hymer Taps

Hi,

can anybody tell me which manufacturer makes the taps for Hymer caravans?. Two taps have broken on my 2006 Hymer Nova and the dealer wants £113. 00 just for the kitchen mixer tap. Has anyone fitted or knows if another make would fit?.

Many thanks

Nidge

BMW X5 Sport, Shogun 3. 2 Elegance, Hymer Nova 570 GL

Hi,

can anybody tell me which manufacturer makes the taps for Hymer caravans?. Two taps have broken on my 2006 Hymer Nova and the dealer wants £113. 00 just for the kitchen mixer tap. Has anyone fitted or knows if another make would fit?.

Many thanks

Nidge

The taps are reich taps, at least they are on my 2003 Nova. how are the taps broken? If it is just the spout that is split you can get replacements and they are just a push on fit, if it is the microswitches they are not difficult to fit and easily available, the rest of the assembly I do not know about but there is not much to them when you take them appart. That price seems a bit excessive, have a look at http://www. waudbys. co. uk/products/water_taps__reich. html for a selection of taps, not necessarily the cheapest place but the first place I could find that I knew which had them in stock.

Edited by Bill Lord

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

The taps in our 2006 Nova 530 are Reich. Our kitchen tap is the TREND swan neck mixer and I seem to remember seeing these on a web site for around £60 when I was looking for a source for a new microswitch. This tap is a single hole fixing with just a single nut under the worksurface. In our 'van to replace it would be easier with the removal of the oven and that would have a labour cost.

The wiring to the microswitch has stiff insulation and is prone to breaking with the movement in the mixer tap. I have had to do a crimp repair a couple of times last year in Italy. The fitting of the new switch is not difficult (Reich customer services in Germany emailed me an idiots guide) but you will need a Torx bit to remove the mixer cartridge. You have to crimp the spade terminals on after you have fed the wiring through the tap body which was a fiddle working through the air vent behind the oven.

The mixer cartridge is a replacement item too, so do you need to replace the entire top?

Dave

Yes Reich, and a single nut to fix it. On ours the screw thread came in two sizes the right size and the wrong size guess, which one I bought first

Thanks for the replies.

The kitchen sink mixer tap is leaking water from what appears to be between the base of the tap and the worktop (strange I know) however I have not had time yet to see exactly where the water is actually coming from.

I also have a problem with the shower mixer tap. I think this is a faulty micro-switch as the pump keeps running when the tap is turned off. If I then turn the tap off/on a couple of times the pump will shut off.

I knew that the taps had a micro-switch but did not know that they had a cartridge inside!. Where can I get the necessary spares from?.

Nidge

The taps in our 2006 Nova 530 are Reich. Our kitchen tap is the TREND swan neck mixer and I seem to remember seeing these on a web site for around £60 when I was looking for a source for a new microswitch. This tap is a single hole fixing with just a single nut under the worksurface. In our 'van to replace it would be easier with the removal of the oven and that would have a labour cost.

The wiring to the microswitch has stiff insulation and is prone to breaking with the movement in the mixer tap. I have had to do a crimp repair a couple of times last year in Italy. The fitting of the new switch is not difficult (Reich customer services in Germany emailed me an idiots guide) but you will need a Torx bit to remove the mixer cartridge. You have to crimp the spade terminals on after you have fed the wiring through the tap body which was a fiddle working through the air vent behind the oven.

The mixer cartridge is a replacement item too, so do you need to replace the entire top?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

Have you got the E-Mail address for Reich customer services in Germany ?. I feel sure that I will need the idiots guide.

Nidge

• 11 years later...

Hi!

Can anyone help, please? 

We have a 2003 B700 Hymer, which we love.

However, at Christmas, my husband broke the blue tap of the sink in the shower room/toilet area. (Don't ask!!!)

Does anyone know where we can get a replacement from - or one which is suitable?

Many thanks

3 hours ago, Jacqui Holtam said:

Hi!

Can anyone help, please? 

We have a 2003 B700 Hymer, which we love.

However, at Christmas, my husband broke the blue tap of the sink in the shower room/toilet area. (Don't ask!!!)

Does anyone know where we can get a replacement from - or one which is suitable?

Many thanks

Can you post a photo of the tap.  Taps are often  used by more than one manufacturer. Quoting a van model and year limits the potential for help to that group of owners or ex-owners.