Truma/crstal Maxi Pump And Housing

mbc007

Hi - any help greatly appreciated please!

I have a 2005 Sterling europa with a Truma/Crstal maxi pump - i'm almost certin it is the Mk 2 - it has no filter

the problem is out truma ultrastore water heater has begum slowly leaking hot water back into the aquaroll water tank, draining the ultrastore of hot water over a period of a few hours

I have changed the non return valve that is situated just before the drain down plug on the cold water inlet pipe, however, the draining takes place slowly and lacking sufficient pressure to activate the non return valve.

Is there another non return valve that is attached to the back of the housing/connector where the water pump connects to the inlet on the caravan?

if i remove the pump from the aquarill I can suck and blow (no don't laugh) air through the pump and aussume the pump itself does not contain any non return valve

The taps are all microswitched so don't beleive i have any pressure problem

as i said, any help here would be of great assistance

thanks peeps

M

Hi - any help greatly appreciated please!

I have a 2005 Sterling europa with a Truma/Crstal maxi pump - i'm almost certin it is the Mk 2 - it has no filter

the problem is out truma ultrastore water heater has begum slowly leaking hot water back into the aquaroll water tank, draining the ultrastore of hot water over a period of a few hours

I have changed the non return valve that is situated just before the drain down plug on the cold water inlet pipe, however, the draining takes place slowly and lacking sufficient pressure to activate the non return valve.

Is there another non return valve that is attached to the back of the housing/connector where the water pump connects to the inlet on the caravan?

if i remove the pump from the aquarill I can suck and blow (no don't laugh) air through the pump and aussume the pump itself does not contain any non return valve

The taps are all microswitched so don't beleive i have any pressure problem

as i said, any help here would be of great assistance

thanks peeps

M

Sounds as though you have the Truma Compact inlet. This does have a NRV built in. You can access this by taking off the push-fit connector on the back of the inlet. I would start there.

Hope this helps.

Mike

If the non-return valve in the water inlet is damaged (sometimes the jubilee clip holding the pipe on can distort the valve and jam it) you could put one of these in line between the inlet and the hot water tank. http://www. whalepumps. com/marine/product_list/5/46/

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning