Log Book

ldvconvoy

You need to tell CRiS (the caravan registration people - part of HPI) that you are the new owner.

See this link

Link to CRiS info from this forum

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Most Hobby vans are NOT CRiS registered.

You need to contact Ambergate Caravan Centre as they are the main importer of Hobby vans into this country.

Tel: 01773 853900

Presumably you have the van on a seasonal site as anything above the 540 series needs a tow vehicle with a GVW of 3501kg or more

Edited by Brecon

Most Hobby vans are NOT CRiS registered.

You need to contact Ambergate Caravan Centre as they are the main importer of Hobby vans into this country.

Tel: 01773 853900

Presumably you have the van on a seasonal site as anything above the 540 series needs a tow vehicle with a GVW of 3501kg or more

Thanks for your help.

Hi, Have just bought my first hobby 635 uk special, can anyone advise where to send log book to change details into mine, many thanks, George.

If it's a small blue card "Log Book" then it's issued by Ambergate, the official Hobby importer. Why would you want to change the details as there is no legal requirement in the U. K. ?

ALL Hobby caravans leave the factory with a "Fahrzeugbrief", a legally required document in Germany. This document is pale green A4 size and contains a large amount of very useful technical information including the owner's name and address and sections for adding subsequent owners. I don't know why they "disappear" with U. K. imports. My van was bought in Germany so I got it complete with all documents.