How Did Your Easter Go, Traffic, Weather, Site Etc.?

brianinhull

Hi everyone, hope you all had a good easter, only traffic hicup was on Good Friday coming off A1 at Scotch Corner on to A66 slight tailbacks. But weather B)B)B) was brilliant in the Lake District :P throughtout the weekend. C&CC Keswick site was full, but seemed well organised by the staff on site who had to assist some units onto the grass pitch due to ground being soft from previous bad weather. Good weather, good walks, good beer and good company what more can you ask of a caravan holiday.

Off to CC site at Grafham Water this Friday for 5 days hoping for more of the same :rolleyes: .

Brianinhull

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue '07 X Trail Aventura 2. 2dci, S7 Pageant Provence + Truma MK2 Original Mover, Blue Kampa Rally 390 Awning.

Hi all, started my easter holiday on saturday 4th april went to the new forest and stayed on the hoburne site at bashley had excellent weather could not fault the site the wardens were all nice (had heard a few moans about them on here but they had only just started at the site on the wednesday). Came back home on the thursday and then set off again on the bank holiday friday to hemsby up in norfolk. Had no traffic all weekend and again teriffic weather. A good time had by all, sitting here now planning the next break, with a tan.

Swiftie.

Edited by swiftie

Saturday 4th April went up to Stirling A1, A66, M6, M74, not a problem at all. Weather ok, bit dull but acceptable. Spent a glorious day at St Andrews. Came back via Jedburgh, A1 etc no problems.

Thursday went up to Cropton to Bank Top Farm CL, site a little over full (8 units), was disappointed that wasn't pitched on main field, but stuck next to a family, with caravan, awning, plus large frame tent, with two dogs, which spent most of the time off the lead, bounding up and down the site and pooing everywhere. When they were tied up, the yapped to be let off all the time. That said, the caravan on the other side received a parcel outside his door from said dogs, and immediately went to complain, so it didn't happen again!

It is my understanding that CL's are for 5 vans only and having booked a year in advance to get on, would assume to be on the main site. Not only that, I wasn't aware that the CC allowed large tents on CL's either. I did make my feelings known to the owner, who did apologise, but not sure we'll return to that site. There are plenty in the area.

As for weather and traffic, rubbish weather, all misty, gloomy and drizzley, but the traffic, not a problem at all in either direction, and the new car towed like a dream!

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde

1-8 April at a lovely CL near Ludlow then on to Presthope CC site for Easter week. 14 days away and only one of rain - the day we packed to come home!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

April 4th - 11th spent in Blackpool South CC site and it was great .

Went easter hols a week earlier to beat the rush .

Site great wardens friendly and it rained at the correct times :P

Hyundai Santa Fe

SWIFT Oronsay 570

April 4th - 11th spent in Blackpool South CC site and it was great .

Went easter hols a week earlier to beat the rush .

Site great wardens friendly and it rained at the correct times :P

Hyundai Santa Fe

SWIFT Oronsay 570

Hi All,

We went to Thirsk CC site, which we love and the Wardens, Bernard and Dylis, must be one of the best teams on the network. unfortunately, due to outside influences which I won't go into, the weekend was the worst I can remember for a long time. Roll on next weekend when we're at Lower Wensleydale as being an optimist I'm sure that the memory will be erased :D,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

We went to County Mayo. Lovely scenery - first time i have been. Site was alright but very muddy. And Irish roads are not to be underestimated!!

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

We were in Dallas for a wedding, we stayed in a suburb called Parker, the Southfork Ranch was just down the road, very small not a bit like on the telly!

The traffic downtown was horrendous, we visited the JFK museum, the book depository and we stood on the grassy knoll. There is no way Lee Harvey could have fired those 3 shots from that window either by the way.

We saw some fabulous 5th wheels, one had 4 slide outs and weighed 8 tons!! It was being towed by a Ford F350 LWB pick up complete with a 7. 5 litre perkins deisel, asked the owner what his MPG was, on a good day he can get 8 to the gallon, albeit their gallons are only four fifths of ours!!

Recession what Recession, fuel in Texas is approx £2 per gallon.

Its a different world over there, literally.

This is the 5th wheel i went in, check out the caravans as well (they call them Travel Trailers)

http://www. crossroadsrv. com/line/ct. asp

Phil.

Edited by phil1041

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Just back from a fortnight away. We did a circular tour including some of our fave sites . ... Culloden CC site, Invernahavon CC site, Balbirnie Park CC site and Silverbank CC site.

Weather was generally very good. No problems with traffic. Sites were perfect (apart from one couple in a tent at Balbirnie Park CC site having a loud row on Easter Saturday night . .. tho actually it was kinda entertaining in a soap opera kinda way!).

New car earned it's towing spurs too . .. we'd already done one local trip with it but this was it's first time on the motorway (solo or towing come to think of it!).

Anyway back to school on Monday!

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

As it was our first time out this year so we stayed local & I'm glad we did, the weather was great, no traffic & it was a smashing site.

We went to Dearne Head Farm in the last of the summer wine country (tuther side of Barnsley),

we'll definitely go more often :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I must say it has been a great 2 weeks, started on the 3rd staying at York CP for 3 nights then 4 nights at Poolsbrook C C and finished off in Corwen at Gaer Hyfryd C C. with just 4 days of Rain and wind.

Stayed at Memling camping site, just outside of Bruge for 10 nights, got back yesterday :mellow:

We had fantastic weather

It got a bit busy over the weekend, but we found it an excellent stop for looking round Belgium.

Got lucky with the ferry home, as yesterday was the first day sailings were back to normal after the blockades

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

Just back from a fortnight away. We did a circular tour including some of our fave sites . ... Culloden CC site, Invernahavon CC site, Balbirnie Park CC site and Silverbank CC site.

Weather was generally very good. No problems with traffic. Sites were perfect (apart from one couple in a tent at Balbirnie Park CC site having a loud row on Easter Saturday night . .. tho actually it was kinda entertaining in a soap opera kinda way!).

New car earned it's towing spurs too . .. we'd already done one local trip with it but this was it's first time on the motorway (solo or towing come to think of it!).

Anyway back to school on Monday!

OK - now I am confused - what route did you take to go on motorway? Must have gone the long way round!!!!!

Jan

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

Had a lovely long weekend away with the grandchildren at Speyside C&CC site near Craigellachie. Wall to wall sunshine and just a wee bit windy two of the days but quite warm. Hardly moved from the site as the children were happy to play near the caravan or up on the playpark. Good last outing in our old van.

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

OK - now I am confused - what route did you take to go on motorway? Must have gone the long way round!!!!!

Jan

:D

Well coming from Invernahavon to Balbirnie we joined the M90 for a bit south of Perth!

I suppose I should have said dual carriageway really . .. from Dundee to Stonehaven enroute from Balbirnie to Silverbank . .. oh and the double roadie at Ellon whiles heading back from Silverbank to the homestead!

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

went to dinas dinnlle not far from canarvon in north wales. to the end of the m56 which now turns into the a55 (new road).turn off near anglesey for the a487 for about 9 miles. top weather and also met some top people. outside pool was very busy also the clubhouse was in great form too. you cant beat looking over snowdonia first thing in the morning when its crystal clear.

We've gone seasonal this year, van is now situated on a small site about 5 miles south of Caernarfon (not far from post above!)

The journey from our home in Stockport to the site is 110 miles, normally an easy(ish) journey on the M56 and A55, however we expected the holiday weekend would be nightmare journey. We set off Thursday afternoon about 6pm and expecting the worst . .. it turned out to be the best journey we've had this year . .. door to door in a few minutes under two hours. The weather was superb all weekend.

Endured a 4 day work week and returned this weekend for another visit. Another brilliant journey and another weekend of terrific weather, its almost too good to be true.

Edited by jetA1

Just had a four-night break at C&CC Blackmore, at the foot of the Malvern Hills - our favourite site. Fabulous weather when we arrived (Easter Monday), then downhill after that. Still, we don't go away for the weather - it's just a bonus if it's good. We were able to relax and enjoy the break that we both needed so much. Used our new Kampa Rally 260 awning for the first time, and played with the new powrtouch mover.

Here's to the next trip.

2004 Swift Challenger 550 SLE

We went to Thorpe Hall site at Rudston near Bridlington. Lovely site, Lovely warden, loadsa space! No traffic hold ups at all. Roll on the next trip!

Swift Challenger 560 (2007) with Reich Motor Mover & Ford Mondeo 2. 2 Titanium X TDCI (08 ) with Sports pack

A lovely Husband & 3 lively Yorkshire Terriers!!

Firstly, Janet. ........8 vans on Bank Top Farrm. ...it is a 'no no' unless he now has local Authority permission for more than 5 vans as he is certainly a CC CL. ......and their East Yorks Inspector is normally very strict!

We went to Yorkshire Dales Centre (CC) Celebration Rally at Harewood House, along with roughly 400 other vans and motorhomes,not normally my scene, a big rally, but we have many friends from other Centres who were visiting so an enjoyable social occasion. Entertainment stopped in the Marquee at 2300 and it was silent after that,great! Weather,by and large,brilliant too.

cheers

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

April 4th we went to Klien Strand in Belgium for 5 nights, the weather during the day was OK but it rained most nights, which resulted in the pitches being soggy in the mornings. We then went up to Koningshof, in Holland for 6 nights nights, the weather was good for most of the time, in fact the wife spent quite a lot of time sunbathing. The site itself was A1 in all respects. We then went down to Chateau so Gandspette just outside Calais for 3 nights before catching the ferry home, I dont think that it stopped raining whilst we there in fact we had some very heavy storms.

Regards
Terry Birch
The tourer days are over, we now have an Hobby D500 GESC.

Thursday went up to Cropton to Bank Top Farm CL, site a little over full (8 units), was disappointed that wasn't pitched on main field, but stuck next to a family, with caravan, awning, plus large frame tent, with two dogs, which spent most of the time off the lead, bounding up and down the site and pooing everywhere. When they were tied up, the yapped to be let off all the time. That said, the caravan on the other side received a parcel outside his door from said dogs, and immediately went to complain, so it didn't happen again!

This makes me so mad when dogs are allowed to roam on caravan site, it makes it very difficult for the responsible dog owners because they are classed as the same as these idiots. I am one of those miserable people who continue to complain about this sort of thing. If I can have 6 dogs in my van or tied up outside without people realising they are there then so can people with one dog.

It is my understanding that CL's are for 5 vans only and having booked a year in advance to get on, would assume to be on the main site. Not only that, I wasn't aware that the CC allowed large tents on CL's either. I did make my feelings known to the owner, who did apologise, but not sure we'll return to that site. There are plenty in the area.

They are restricted to 5 vans but many do take more, I may be wrong but if there are enough complaints about this they can be thrown off the CL list. Insurance will be invalid as well if anything goes wrong and the Council will probably be very intested because they are only registered for 5 vans.

As for weather and traffic, rubbish weather, all misty, gloomy and drizzley, but the traffic, not a problem at all in either direction, and the new car towed like a dream!

I had a lovely, relaxing weekend at Hutton Le Hole on a Yorkshire Pennine rally. For those interested there was a tea dance on the Saturday afternoon and 2 socials, one Saturday evening and one Monday. Being on my own and not into tea dancing I didn't go, but the weather was wonderful, a lovely field close to all the footpaths through the Dales.

Off to Bishopthorpe, York for Mayday weekend, same crowd and looking forward to a relaxing weekend with my 6 dogs. :lol:

we went to a cl site adults only dearnehead farm nr huddesfield beautifull guiet peacefull people with dogs kept them under controll and quiet people who dont controll there pets dont make it easy for others and they could get dogs banned from sites weather was warm and dry dont take notice of weather forecast anymore or we would go nowhere this site is not far from holmfirth we will be going again for weekends only about forty mins from home :rolleyes:

We went to Hylton Park, which is owned by Stanwix, Silloth in Cumbria. We had a decent run there took us about 3 hours, we had fantastic weather. There is a caravan accesory shop in the village which came in handy. Really nice site, good clean facilities and you can still use all the leisure facilities at the main Stanwix site which is only a 10 minute walk. The bars in the main complex had a good selection of beers at not too extortionate prices. The only downside to the site is, the pitches are very close together. You can hear people farting in the next caravan, and that is no exageration. :huh: The weekend would have been even better had I not had to drive back to Manchester to work on the Saturday morning :angry:

Would go there again, and would like to stay longer ( not over a Bank holiday though) I had no idea that part of Cumbria was as nice as it is.

Regards
Ian