Dometic Fridge

kendo

Hi All,

Just returned from a 6 night break in Devon unfortunately when we switched our fridge over to 12V for the return journey the green light indicating that it's working didn't come on. So fridge not functioning on 12 volts.

The manual refers to a fuse, but cant find any failed fuses on the main fuse board, or any fuses relating directly to the fridge in the manual.

Fridge works ok on 240v & gas.

Anyone got any ideas??

Cheers

Ken

B)

Ken, Gill, Bronte & Millie.

Mitsubishi Barbarian towing Elddis Avante

Hi All,

Just returned from a 6 night break in Devon unfortunately when we switched our fridge over to 12V for the return journey the green light indicating that it's working didn't come on. So fridge not functioning on 12 volts.

The manual refers to a fuse, but cant find any failed fuses on the main fuse board, or any fuses relating directly to the fridge in the manual.

Fridge works ok on 240v & gas.

Anyone got any ideas??

Cheers

Ken

B)

You are aware the fridge only operates on 12 volts from the tow vehicle?

So the white socket must be coupled and the car engine running for the fridge's green light to come on. It ought not work from the caravans battery.

If it's still not coming on an area known to have caused a lot of failures is a poor connection on the centre pin of the white socket. It might be worth checking that.

The other problem that we've encountered, except the centre pin problem, is an adjustable relay needing re-adjustment. On our X-trail it is quite easy to get to, under the boot floor near the spare, but I don't know about other makes.

"Scars are souvenirs you never loose"

2010 Swift Charisma Freestyle 550 + 2007 Nissan Pathfinder Aventura.

Are you sure it is getting 12v from your car?

Are you sure it is getting 12v from your car?

Will check it out, thanks

You are aware the fridge only operates on 12 volts from the tow vehicle?

So the white socket must be coupled and the car engine running for the fridge's green light to come on. It ought not work from the caravans battery.

If it's still not coming on an area known to have caused a lot of failures is a poor connection on the centre pin of the white socket. It might be worth checking that.

Wasn't aware of that checked with car connected but without engine running. Went on word of wife that it used to come on before!! ;)

will check it & let you know. thanks for the advice. Ken.

The other problem that we've encountered, except the centre pin problem, is an adjustable relay needing re-adjustment.

It is also possible that even with the engine idling there might not be enough current to switch the relay so it may need a little throttle for the relay to switch - not masses of revs but just a little above idling.

Gerry

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645

Ours stopped working on 12V and it was found to be a disconnected wire (but not by me therefore I don't know which one. .....)

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

Hi All,

the green light indicating that it's working didn't come on. So fridge not functioning on 12 volts

Cheers

Ken

B)

On my fridge green is for 240v and red is 12v.

Lunar Zenith Citroen C5 2. 2 HDI Citroen Picasso 1. 6 HDI. , Vauxhall Vectra Design 150 bhp Soon to be, 2014 Sprite Major 4 sr. With ATC.
The Internet has had no effect on my life whatsoever. com

• 2 weeks later...

OK. thanks for all response so far.

Car connected, engine running & revving but still no 12v on fridge. Had the 12v relay checked at the towbar installer & thats ok too.

Sunday found a whole load of fuses & relays mounted inside the caravan behind the front locker box, haven't checked them out yet, but haven't found anything in the handbook about them either.

Anyone fot any documentation / indication as to what fuse does what??

Cheers

Ken.

It is also possible that even with the engine idling there might not be enough current to switch the relay so it may need a little throttle for the relay to switch - not masses of revs but just a little above idling.

Gerry

I've found I need to have the relay adjusted so that with the engine running and an electric load from the car (lights, air-con etc) it provides pwer to the fridge at idle, but that the relay cuts power within a couple of seconds once the engine is turned off. Seems to be all or nothing with my set up. If it doesn't provide power at idle, it won't when revved.

"Scars are souvenirs you never loose"

2010 Swift Charisma Freestyle 550 + 2007 Nissan Pathfinder Aventura.