Do You Use A Memory Foam Topper?

princejim

Does any body use the MEMORY FOAM TOPPER. after spending the first long outing with the Caravan, sleeping on the makup bed has done my back in. I can hardly walk, do people put one of the Memory foam toppers on and if so what thickness do you suggest, do they work??

Edited by princejim

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

:D We got a memory foam topper for our caravan bed also. ... best purchase ever and made the world of difference to our nights sleep, I would highly recommend one ours was a 2inch one which we got of ebay. ..

Ranger 540/6. .. Love it dearly!!!

Where do you keep a topper during the day if you don't have a permanent bed?

they are so good that you will find somewhere!! put it in the car if necessary.

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

Where do you keep a topper during the day if you don't have a permanent bed?

Yes thats a good question and if you have one for home, what happens if you use an electric blamket?

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

one thing to bear in mind for others considering the same is that memory foam can increase body temperature between 10% and 20%, so for those of us that are naturally hot in our sleep they are not ideal.

bed manufacturers tend to hide this fact for some reason!.

We use a standard foam (not memory foam) topper, about 2 inch think but it has a waffled surface, does the job quite nicely thanks at a fraction of the cost of memory foam.

Ours rolls up and is kept in one of the front bed lockers with the pillows, the duvet goes in the other bed locker.

"Scars are souvenirs you never loose"

2010 Swift Charisma Freestyle 550 + 2007 Nissan Pathfinder Aventura.

We bought a 1" topper when we had the Bailey Provence and used the rear dinette as a permanent bed - it ironed out all the humps !!!!!!!!!! Very successful. Now use it on top of our fixed bed and only use a summer duvet all year round, even in the depth of winter !!

Gerry

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645

Does any body use the MEMORY FOAM TOPPER. after spending the first long outing with the Caravan, sleeping on the makup bed has done my back in. I can hardly walk, do people put one of the Memory foam toppers on and if so what thickness do you suggest, do they work??

I asked the same question a few months ago with similar replies. We were changing our bed at home so decided on a £1000 memory foam matress. It dosen't work for us as my wife thinks it's like sleeping on rock because she always cold and I sink down into it as I get hot and find the memory foam alomost dissapears.

When we purchased a (non-memory type) mattress topper for the van we got one from Ikea, we both think it's brillant and it was only £90. They have a few different types and sizes to choose from and they are on-line and deliver.

good luck

Edited by sean c

Bailey s5 Senator Carolina + Ford Ranger Double Cab + VFR800Fiw

We have a 2" thick one, don't go for anything thinner as it is a waste of time.

Best nights sleep ever.

Look on eBay, we paid £60 inc delivery.

Steve

I've "heard" of folks having problems with the foam "splitting" if it is not left flat . .. so have any non-fixed bed users had any problems ??? and how much space does a rolled up double one take ?? more or less than a double sleeping bag ??

Entwood. Ours is a fixed bed so we dont have that problem but I can say that when we need to move it for any reason it's quite a handful. I wouldn't like to have to store it anywhere. At a rough gestimate I would think a 6'6" x 4'6" double would be about 14" to 18" diam rolled up.

princejim. They are notably warmer than any standard mattress and we never need an electric blanket.

Edited by seeyoujimmy

Hi there

We have had a memory foam 2" topper for about five years now. The best nights sleep ever.

Ken.

Bailey Senator Wyoming pulled by Mitsubishi Shogun Sport.

I bought a memory foam for the van from Nettos, It rolls up & fits under the seats,

Sandra prefers the egg box foam topper for her side

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

We used one in our previous 'van but it was not helpful. Bought a 'van with a decent mattress and it really made a difference. OH has back trouble but says our fixed bed is the best bed of all.

I bought a single Raskelf 1" memory foam topper with a removable, washable zipped cover for just under £80 five years ago and it is still like new. My husband has now started to get a few back pains after two weeks away in the caravan so he is going to use my topper and I am going to buy myself a new one. I have decided to go for the 2" one this time as I have severe arthritis. A new single 2" Raskelf one costs over £100 with the cover. I have looked at cheaper versions but as I have been so satisfied with the Raskelf one, I feel the money will be well spent. I think you get what you pay for.

The 1" topper rolls up with a diameter of 10-12" and fits under the single bunk. The 2" one will probably fit under the bunk but if it doesn't, I will lay it on top of the seat and then put the throw on top.

Princejim, I have no hesitation in recommending the Raskelf topper but whatever you decide on, I hope it gets rid of your pain.

Lunar Clubman 475EK towed by Vauxhall Zafira Design 1. 9Cdti 150

Yes use a memory foam topper, got ours from QVC. about 2 inches thick really comfortable. For anyone who lives in or around the Warrington area QVC have an outlet shop at Birchwood shopping centre, can't guarantee what's in stock but the prices are substantially lower than the TV prices and if you go on a Monday and are 60 or over you get an extra 15% off the price.

In a recent survey it was found that 1 in 3 politicians are as bent as the other two. One Of Cols CT NinjasNinja.gif

One of the problems with memory foam I have been told is that because it uses your body heat to give the contour, so takes a few minutes to work, when you turn over in bed it's uncomfortable and you wake up?

Kahlil Gibran

Has anyone cut one of these topers to size with any success as I'm thinking of getting a double and cutting to fit the front singles of my van?

Bailey Ranger 510/4

& Skoda Octavia Elegance Estate 1. 9TDI

Various010-1.jpgmedia3_cropped-4.jpg

Guest Tephi
Has anyone cut one of these topers to size with any success as I'm thinking of getting a double and cutting to fit the front singles of my van?

Yes, [2inch thick] using a sharp Stanley knife and a straight edge, then covered them with sleeping bag liners [perfect fit].

All for under £70 off ebay. best addition to 'van after fitting shocks.

Steve

Edited by Tephi