Sentator Arizona 2002

Bigkid2001

We purchased our Senator back in May 2005 (I can't believe it was that long ago!), I think the first time we used it was January 2006, and we have probably only used it for 2x 5 day breaks and 4x 3 day breaks since!

When we purchased it, we were told it had been serviced the previous year, and not used since (hence the sale), due to our limited use we have not yet had a service done either, although I have changed the water filter!

Anyway I have a couple of questions for you more experienced caravanners and especially the Bailey owners.

INTERNAL TANK WATER PUMP

If I use the 'external' switch, using the ext. pump in the aquaroll it will stop 'buzzing' shortly after I've finished with the tap, as I expect it should.

If I switch to 'Internal' using the pump in my internal tank, it continues to buzz and the light stays on (on the int/ext panel) for as long as I leave it switched to Ext, despite finishing with the tap (even 10 minutes or an hour earlier), so I have to switch it back to the centre point to stop it running.

Is this normal?

If not what do I need to do to stop it?

GAS HOB

One of the rings on my hob will blow out the minute I let go of the handle, doesn't matter how long I hold it in?

Anything I can do?

Your help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by Bigkid2001

Regards

Carl

My Outfit

2007 Mondeo ST TDCi Estate & 2002 Bailey Senator Arizona

• 3 weeks later...
We purchased our Senator back in May 2005 (I can't believe it was that long ago!), I think the first time we used it was January 2006, and we have probably only used it for 2x 5 day breaks and 4x 3 day breaks since!

When we purchased it, we were told it had been serviced the previous year, and not used since (hence the sale), due to our limited use we have not yet had a service done either, although I have changed the water filter!

Anyway I have a couple of questions for you more experienced caravanners and especially the Bailey owners.

INTERNAL TANK WATER PUMP

If I use the 'external' switch, using the ext. pump in the aquaroll it will stop 'buzzing' shortly after I've finished with the tap, as I expect it should.

If I switch to 'Internal' using the pump in my internal tank, it continues to buzz and the light stays on (on the int/ext panel) for as long as I leave it switched to Ext, despite finishing with the tap (even 10 minutes or an hour earlier), so I have to switch it back to the centre point to stop it running.

Is this normal?

If not what do I need to do to stop it?

GAS HOB

One of the rings on my hob will blow out the minute I let go of the handle, doesn't matter how long I hold it in?

Anything I can do?

Your help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Re the problem with the onboard pump running after you turn off the tap. It sound like the onboard pump is not able to generate as much pressure as the outside one. This means that it cannot satisfy the pressure switch. To fix it try reducing the pressure switch setting. The pressure switch is in the seat beside the water heater and has a knurled knob on the top. Get the pump running, turn off the tap and turn the knob anticlockwise until the pump stops.

The gas flame problem on the hob sounds like a thermocouple problem with that ring. It is not sensing the flame. Replacement is the only option.

Bob R