Hobby Caravan

Bobby Brocklebank

:P HELLO,

I'm looking at one of the smaller Hobby's at the moment. Single Axle up to 1600kg Max Tow Weight and under 2. 3 meters wide. Could a member please give me there experience on this type of unit. I find the more traditional British van's slightly boring and the build quality very poor for the money.

SMEESH :blink:

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

what vehicle would you use to tow a hobby 560 samboy newbie

Anything with a MAM over 3500 kg. This means a commercial vehicle as there are no cars or 4 x 4s with that MAM. If you are considering a 560 for towing with a car be aware that insurance could (should) be a problem despite what you may be told. Cutting corners, being economical with the truth etc. etc. is O. K. until you get caught. Apparently, some companies will insure you without asking the right questions but as the outfit will be illegal, technically, it cannot be insured for road use.

Watch out for conmen, there are alot of them involved in Hobby selling, especially on Ebay. .One guide you can use is that any Hobby 2005 or newer will have a window in the entry door. .2004 and older do not have a window. .There are a couple of these mis described Hobby's on Ebay right now

Cheers

Hobbynut

It wasn't me. .The big lads did it and ran away

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

We are looking at Hobby's at the moment, but I didn't know we couldn't tow anything bigger than a 540! Good job I looked on here first!!

Hobby's seem so well made compared to regular caravans, at the moment we have a 1995 Award Tristar.