Amara Wardrobe Door Sticking

rascal

I posted my tale of woe previously re the wardrobe door sticking closed, and my stabbing at it with a screwdriver to free it. I had done physics at school and knowing all about heat in summer and cold in winter, realised that that was the problem. . I carefully made a wooden baton to fit the exact door opening, and announced to my wife "we won't be having that problem again last week the mobile service fitter came to ervice the van and give it a good going over. When he had finished, he said "I see you have jacked up your van unevenly, twisted the chassis in doing so, and twisted the wardrobe door. I've evened it out for you!! then he tossed my joinery piece in the bin.

I posted my tale of woe previously re the wardrobe door sticking closed, and my stabbing at it with a screwdriver to free it. I had done physics at school and knowing all about heat in summer and cold in winter, realised that that was the problem. . I carefully made a wooden baton to fit the exact door opening, and announced to my wife "we won't be having that problem again last week the mobile service fitter came to ervice the van and give it a good going over. When he had finished, he said "I see you have jacked up your van unevenly, twisted the chassis in doing so, and twisted the wardrobe door. I've evened it out for you!! then he tossed my joinery piece in the bin.

Hi Rascal,

This all sounds too simple. Have you any other doors that are out of alignment? Or any other evidence the chassis is twisted.

Lloyd

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

Hi Rascal,

This all sounds too simple. Have you any other doors that are out of alignment? Or any other evidence the chassis is twisted.

Lloyd

No, lloyd, this was my only problem in two years with the amara. the wardrobe door is behaving itself since, with no extra support so I shall watch my levels in future. My only puzzle with the amara is how to manage a nose weight of 75k. I have just spent an afternoon trying and given up all hope of ever putting the 7k calor bottle in the front locker. so it's back inside the van for travelling (one contributer on this site said that is like travelling in front of a loaded missile)

The bathroom door on our Elddis does this and we put it down to natural dampness in the air swelling the wood.

The van has been unused (and only slight movement to turn the wheels round) over this winter for various reasons and as soon as the weather picked up and the sun came out, the door has returned to normal.

If your chassis had been twisted, surely it would need to be in the workshop on a jig to correct it - and surely there would have been many more problems other that a sticking door.

Nurses make it better

Barking Baby Sis

The bathroom door on our Elddis does this and we put it down to natural dampness in the air swelling the wood.

The van has been unused (and only slight movement to turn the wheels round) over this winter for various reasons and as soon as the weather picked up and the sun came out, the door has returned to normal.

If your chassis had been twisted, surely it would need to be in the workshop on a jig to correct it - and surely there would have been many more problems other that a sticking door.

The bathroom door on our Elddis also sticks in certain weather conditions,while in for it's service last month the dealer was going to "shave" a bit off the door under warranty but as it was'nt sticking then we decided not to go down this route as in theory we could end up with a massive gap under certain conditions,we will live with it as it's not that a bigger issue.

2012 Freelander SD4 HSE towing a 2007 Elddis Sunstyle GT 482