Waste Porter Replacement Handle

Hi all.

We have inherited an aquaroll and a "waste porter" (I think) when we purchased our caravan, however not the handles. I have sourced a replacement Aquaroll handle but unhelpfully, the waste porter needs a different one. I can't seem to find an outlet for a replacement handle anywhere. Anyone got any ideas?

I'm tempted to actually bin the porter and buy another aquaroll for the waste rather than have to carry another handle, but it depends on price/availability.

TIA.

towcar #1: Vauxhall Vectra 1. 9 CDTi 150

towcar #2: Honda CR-V 2. 2 CDTi

caravan: Compass Corona 475

Hi all.

We have inherited an aquaroll and a "waste porter" (I think) when we purchased our caravan, however not the handles. I have sourced a replacement Aquaroll handle but unhelpfully, the waste porter needs a different one. I can't seem to find an outlet for a replacement handle anywhere. Anyone got any ideas?

I'm tempted to actually bin the porter and buy another aquaroll for the waste rather than have to carry another handle, but it depends on price/availability.

TIA.

Be sure not to confuse the two if you go down this route. Accidental connection to your water supply of the barrel used for waste water could result in anything from an unpleasant taste to making you ill. If you do it, at the very least paint the waste barrel with some very conspicuous colour band or similar.

If you use an aquaroll for the waste I suspect the height of the inlet to the aquaroll will be above the outlet on the caravan so it wouldn't really work !!

Gerry

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645

If you use an aquaroll for the waste I suspect the height of the inlet to the aquaroll will be above the outlet on the caravan so it wouldn't really work !!

Gerry

Oh yes it will

I've been doing it for 30 years :D

DSC00093.jpg

No problem on level ground either

Could be a non starter with a rear outlet but I always modified my caravans to have the outlet as is now more common near to the wheel

Edited by Watson(JohnG)

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

Be sure not to confuse the two if you go down this route. Accidental connection to your water supply of the barrel used for waste water could result in anything from an unpleasant taste to making you ill. If you do it, at the very least paint the waste barrel with some very conspicuous colour band or similar.

I have 2 aquarolls

One for drinking water and one for waste water

The waste water one is about 30 years old and the neck is too narrow for a water pump to go through so no problm with mixing them up :D

Surely a waste porter looks different to an aquaroll B)

But you're cheating, picture shows your're on a 1 in 4 slope :lol::lol::lol:

Not always as explained :rolleyes:

But you're cheating, picture shows your're on a 1 in 4 slope :lol::lol::lol:

Not always as explained :rolleyes:

:lol: Didn't mean to say it twice

But just incase you didn't understand the first time :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Watson(JohnG)

Is your "Waste Porter" like this:

http://cgi. ebay. co. uk/Water-Porter-Camping. ..9QQcmdZViewItem

Or even this

http://www. becingoldmells. co. uk/prod3. php?...ter+%28G0100%29

Note distinctive black colour with red cap to avoid confusion with fresh water :D

If you look down this list Aquaroll have replacement ends for the handle to fit into

http://www. aquaroll. com/acatalog/index. html

It may be possible to utilise them and then use the Aquaroll handle you have

I have 2 Aquarolls but only need to carry one handle

For years I used copper pipe fittings with a plastic insert for the handle sockets

I can't find Water Porter spares listed but they are marketted by Pyramid Products

http://www. yell. com/listings/DoFindListing. ..ler-Accessories

Edited by Watson(JohnG)

Is your "Waste Porter" like this:

http://cgi. ebay. co. uk/Water-Porter-Camping. ..9QQcmdZViewItem

Or even this

http://www. becingoldmells. co. uk/prod3. php?...ter+%28G0100%29

Note distinctive black colour with red cap to avoid confusion with fresh water :D

If you look down this list Aquaroll have replacement ends for the handle to fit into

http://www. aquaroll. com/acatalog/index. html

It may be possible to utilise them and then use the Aquaroll handle you have

I have 2 Aquarolls but only need to carry one handle

For years I used copper pipe fittings with a plastic insert for the handle sockets

I can't find Water Porter spares listed but they are marketted by Pyramid Products

http://www. yell. com/listings/DoFindListing. ..ler-Accessories

Thanks for your help. Thats the one. .. a black barrel with red caps. Seems strange not being able to buy replacement handles. Thinking of maybe just buying a 29litre aquaroll for the waste however do have rear outlets so would need to check the height. Although I'm assuming the 29L one also has a cap on the side so could lay on it's side with a chock?

towcar #1: Vauxhall Vectra 1. 9 CDTi 150

towcar #2: Honda CR-V 2. 2 CDTi

caravan: Compass Corona 475

Thanks for your help. Thats the one. .. a black barrel with red caps. Seems strange not being able to buy replacement handles. Thinking of maybe just buying a 29litre aquaroll for the waste however do have rear outlets so would need to check the height. Although I'm assuming the 29L one also has a cap on the side so could lay on it's side with a chock?

If you contact Pyramid at the phone no above they should be able to give you a supplier

As I said above for years(20+) I altered the rear outlets so that they are by the wheel which is a more constant height

On my present Swift the pipe fall across the van was so poor that I replaced the pipe with fatter domestic plastic waste and used blocks to get a better fall. It works now!

Its the bigger Aquaroll that has a side entry

I like the Aquaroll type because they fit side by side in the front locker and are very durable

You can put the smaller Aquaroll on its side as in my pic and in extreme sloping conditions rotate it so that the cap is half way up but then you get less in!!

Edited by Watson(JohnG)

I am sure Pyramid will be able to help on the handle front. If you are looking for a waste container you could consider a 'Wastemaster' or, for something a little smaller, the Fiamma waste container which has wheels and a handle.

Mike

Sorry I answered incorrectly before

Have just seen the add for the 29l Aquaroll and it does indeed have a side entry cap

apologies :blink:

• 2 weeks later...