Pageant Series 6

Gracie

I 've now read all the relevant topics & comments on the Bailey forum, and come to the conclusion I must be blessed either by some guardian angel, or maybe by some good workmen at Bailey's and a good dealer PDI (it was David Hope Caravans, Suffolk). I bought a Series 6 Monarch last year and have had no trouble whatever! When I look at all the things that some owners suffer. ...... I did take the precaution, soon after delivery, to spend a few days at a favourite site (Winnie's, for those in the know.) near the supplying dealer in case of any teething problems, but none! I got one of the last Series 6 rather than the S7 mainly because the new ones are just that bit too heavy for my car, a Vectra 1. 8 petrol. I think this van is the best I've ever had in 40 years of caravanning, with an ab. fab. washroom so more CL's in future, instead of Club sites. My wife's only complaint is she finds the kitchen worktop too high, but that's the downside of a hob separate from the oven I think? My only complaints are that the kitchen 240v socket is in a silly place (wrong side of the sink) and the said worktop overlaps the offside seat so the locker 'lid' won't stay up when it's lifted, unless you remove the upholstery. I've fitted a long hook & staple to hold it part way up!

So I agree with one member who said perhaps it's a good idea to get a van near the end of its production. Anyway, here's one very happy (elderly) bunny! THANK YOU BAILEY!

Anyway, here's one very happy (elderly) bunny! THANK YOU BAILEY!

And here's another! Our Pageant is a 2001 model, we use it around 130 nights and tow it 5000 miles each year, and it has never given us any problem. As you say - Thank you Bailey.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Our old Ranger 510/4 (well 1998 vintage) served us very well with no faults during our three year with it and is still going strong with my mate who has done another 1500miles again fault free. We replaced it with a shiny new (an ex display model so it had been tramped through by a few I suspect) series 6 Pageant Provence 18months ago and apart from a dodgy light switch (which is hardly Bailey's fault) we've had no problems either so I'd definitely be looking at a Bailey for my next van.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

And another one here, Pageant had mine from new in 2003 no problems other than the TCP when new which according to other posts it's the "Nature of the Beast".

New Pageant Monarch in May last year, just had it's first service at Couplands of Louth, no problems no damp no less than you should expect I suppose.

Another perfect Series 6 Pageant here! A joy to use.

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

Another perfect Series 6 Pageant here! A joy to use.

So why are you swapping it for a Series 7 Sancerre then Marcus?! :P:D

2011 S Max Titanium Powershift

2011 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive

2011 Swift Conqueror 570 Special Equipment

'If I'd Been Born Thirty Years Later They Would Call It ADHD'

So why are you swapping it for a Series 7 Sancerre then Marcus?! :P:D

Because :P

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

Bought a series 6 monarch fantastic no problems tows well 2nd service next only complaint work surface to high for OH But then we are both shrinking in our mid 70s

Always nice to see some positives when most of the time one sees only the negatives.

I purchased new Pageant 6 Bordeux last May which was one of the last ones off the production line prior to the S7.

It has been perfect with absolutely no problems at all. Obviously any QA production problems had been sorted long ago and we liked the S6 far more than the new S7 dark wood and the excellent TV cabinet arrangement.

Alan J

Bailey Pageant S6 Bordeaux Tow Car BMW X5 3. 0D

• 3 weeks later...
I 've now read all the relevant topics & comments on the Bailey forum, and come to the conclusion I must be blessed either by some guardian angel, or maybe by some good workmen at Bailey's and a good dealer PDI (it was David Hope Caravans, Suffolk). I bought a Series 6 Monarch last year and have had no trouble whatever! When I look at all the things that some owners suffer. ...... I did take the precaution, soon after delivery, to spend a few days at a favourite site (Winnie's, for those in the know.) near the supplying dealer in case of any teething problems, but none! I got one of the last Series 6 rather than the S7 mainly because the new ones are just that bit too heavy for my car, a Vectra 1. 8 petrol. I think this van is the best I've ever had in 40 years of caravanning, with an ab. fab. washroom so more CL's in future, instead of Club sites. My wife's only complaint is she finds the kitchen worktop too high, but that's the downside of a hob separate from the oven I think? My only complaints are that the kitchen 240v socket is in a silly place (wrong side of the sink) and the said worktop overlaps the offside seat so the locker 'lid' won't stay up when it's lifted, unless you remove the upholstery. I've fitted a long hook & staple to hold it part way up!

So I agree with one member who said perhaps it's a good idea to get a van near the end of its production. Anyway, here's one very happy (elderly) bunny! THANK YOU BAILEY!