Tyres Fitted To S5 Pageant.

tommytruck

Hi.

I have a 2006 Series 5 Pageant Vendee with Maxxtrailer 195/70 R 14 96 N tyres fitted.

As the date on the tyre is 2005, I thought I would see about getting some new tyres.

No Chance!!!!! I have been told by several local tyre dealers that, 1. they are an old size, and

2. They cannot be obtained??????

This van is not quite three years old, and I CAN'T GET TYRES FOR IT.

Has anyone else come across this problem, if so what was the outcome?

Or is there a different tyre size I can get that will fit and do the job safely?

Many Thanks in advance.

T. :(

Edited by tommytruck

HI. ITSME.

Hi.

I have a 2006 Series 5 Pageant Vendee with Maxxtrailer 195/70 R 14 96 N tyres fitted.

As the date on the tyre is 2005, I thought I would see about getting some new tyres.

No Chance!!!!! I have been told by several local tyre dealers that, 1. they are an old size, and

Or is there a different tyre size I can get that will fit and do the job safely?

Many Thanks in advance.

Hi Tommy

I don't know who you have tried, mine has the same size as yours, but have tried a couple of online

places and have come up with two, one was blackcircles and the other was mytyres. co. uk

So they are avalable

Radiotwo

Edited by RADIOTWO

Steve - Land Cruiser Amazon Auto + Pageant Series 5 Champagne

The match between car and caravan is perfect in accordance with a mix of European standards. However, according to the British Towing Code the percentage (loaded caravan / kerbweight tow car) is 49%.

Looking at the Bailey website, they are still using the same size & load tyre on current model Pageants so they must still be available

Brian

Hi.

Thanks people, Mytyres have some,will get onto them tommorow.

Phew!!!!

Cheers.

T. B)

HI. ITSME.

Hi.

Many Thanks in advance.

Hi Tommy I have just changed my pagent 195/75/14 maxxtrailor tyres to 185/80/14 102N tyres as fitted to the heavier senator,s I have an email from Bailey giving the ok for this & was told that all ranges use the same wheel arch so no problem

:)

Edited by TD 42

Hi Tommy I have just changed my pagent 195/75/14 maxxtrailor tyres to 185/80/14 102N tyres as fitted to the heavier senator,s I have an email from Bailey giving the ok for this & was told that all ranges use the same wheel arch so no problem

Hi.

Many Thanks TD42.

That was what I was looking for, because if the tyres already fitted are difficult to obtain,

an alternative is available.

Cheers.

T. B)

HI. ITSME.

That sounds like a good idea - I've always been a bit concerned that the tyres on our Vendee don't have much of a safety margin.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

Actually . .. the standard Senator tyres are 185/80/14 104.

That's a bit of a problem - the only company who make them in 104 seems to be trailermaxx. But lots of people make 102s

Actually . .. the standard Senator tyres are 185/80/14 104.

That's a bit of a problem - the only company who make them in 104 seems to be trailermaxx. But lots of people make 102s

Hi Tigger.

But 102 is better than the 96 fitted to the Pageants????

Cheers.

T.

HI. ITSME.

Hi Tigger.

But 102 is better than the 96 fitted to the Pageants????

Cheers.

T.

The figure refers to the load rating, the higher the figure the bigger the load in 50 kg steps. 185 x 14C (or 8PR) are usually rated at 102/104. This means when used as twin rear wheels (on large vans/pickups) the rating is 102 and when used as a single tyre the rating is 104.

The 185 x 14 C is used on a lot of commercial vans and easily obtained. Haggle the price with a tyre dealer, it's a large market so telling them it's for a caravan immediately ups the price. ;)

A 102/104 tyre would be fine, but all the normal 185 14 8 ply tyres I can find are 100/102.

eg. http://www. tyre-shopper. co. uk/ts/search/ty. ..?code=18514PR2R

A LI of 102 is probably good enough (850Kg per tyre, van has 1500Kg MTPLM), but because Bailey specify 104 in the manual I can't help feeling I'd be giving the insurance an excuse not to pay out.

Worth checking as it shows 102/100. It's usual to put the lower rating first i. e. 100/102 or 102/104 so the listing must be a typo. If so, is it actually 102/104?

Problem solved. Bailey confirmed that a 102 is fine.