High Damp Reading In At 2008 Swift Charisma

ray2006

I have a swift charisma 650 which will be one year old in May. Having recently had it in a dealers getting a number of ongoing faults recitified, I decided to have its yearly service done. On going to pick up the van from the dealer they advised me they are picking up a 60% damp meter reading in the rear offside wall. To remedy this it requires the rear awning rail to be removed and replaced. The dealer advised me that the have had some other new vans with this problem. The dealer advised me that this has been caught in time and no internal repairs will be required, however what concerns me is that this is not something I would expect in a van this new. What I did notice this weekend was the rain tends to pool quite badly in the rear offside are causing it to slowly seep over the awning rail, so not sure if this is causing the water to find a way via the awning rail ?? After all the problems with the van over the year I am tempted to tell the dealer I would like it replaced with one that is fault and damp free, however I dont how I stand with that. Has anyone else had a similiar problem with a van this new and was it recitified successfully :angry:

Hi ray2006,

We are not aware of this as a common problem so I would be interested to know who your dealer is please.

If you want us to help, please get in touch, 01482 840082 enquiry@swiftleisure. co. uk

Thanks

Andy

Swift Group Website: www. swiftgroup. co. uk

Swift Group Handbooks: www. swiftgroup. co. uk/caravans/handbooks

Let's hope you get it fixed quicker than mine.

I've had a 40% damp reading around a rear window of my 2007 Abbey 418gts at the annual service by Discover in Newport. . I was told that it would need to be processed by the warranty people before it could be done and that they would get in touch as soon as they could. That was a month ago and I'm still waiting.

I don't know if the delay is by Discover, Swift or the Insurers but a caravan with damp standing for another month in the open isn't going to get any better. Keep on top of it Ray

Volvo XC60 Momentum Pro D4 pulling an Elddis Crusader Mistral

Hi Andy

Thanks for the reply. Good to see that no other caravans have the same problem as I have. I have spoken to Customer Services today and also sent an email for your perusal.

I dont dispute that it is not uncommon for there to be some minor problems with any new purchase, however I like most caravanners would be very dissapointed to find that after spending a large some of money on a new caravan that you are informed by the dealer of a high damp reading on its first service.

I don't know if the delay is by Discover, Swift or the Insurers but a caravan with damp standing for another month in the open isn't going to get any better. Keep on top of it Ray

Jim

If you want to send me some details I can investigate this for you, aspacey@swiftleisure. co. uk

Thanks

andy

Hi Andy

Thanks for the reply. Good to see that no other caravans have the same problem as I have. I have spoken to Customer Services today and also sent an email for your perusal.

I dont dispute that it is not uncommon for there to be some minor problems with any new purchase, however I like most caravanners would be very dissapointed to find that after spending a large some of money on a new caravan that you are informed by the dealer of a high damp reading on its first service.

Hi Ray2006

I agree it is disapointing, hopefully we can get this sorted as quickly as possible for you,

Many Thanks

Andy

I have a Sprite Major 6, 2008 model, which has water ingress problems highlighted by it's first service on 14/2/09 by the dealers (Discover Darlington). The main problem has been failure of the front nearside awning rail. The dealer puts in a repair for a new rail and replace the board and wooden plinths. The engineer comes out from Swift and deems it necessary to carry out the bare minimum amount of work which is the awning rail replacement only. This is very worrying as there were high readings elsewhere in the van which are being ignored by Swift and Discover on a brand new van. Nearly 10 weeks later the works seems no nearer to being completed and Discover blame Swift and vice versa. This is worrying as we have a seasonal pitch booked for the 4/5/09 and it seems that Swift expect me to pack the caravan up from it's pitch and return it to the dealer 80 miles away. I have sent several letters to both parties and communcated on the phone but I feel that I am banging my head against a brick wall.

Bencha

If you want to email me at aspacey@swiftleisure. co. uk I wil look into this for you,

Thanks

Andy