Off To ...

Away at the new/re-opened site at Cleethorpes.

Will let you know how it is.

Gotta be better that Havens 'Early season DEAL' 116 quid a NIGHT!!! :o

I would be honoured if you could spare a few pounds to sponsor me.

I am playing in a charity ice hockey match in July in aid of Help For Heroes

Please text STGO94 £2 to 70070 or visit justgiving. com/SteelerGoalie94

• 2 weeks later...

OK.

So, the touring site in Cleethorpes has re-opened under new management. It is a large field surrounded by a fence next door to Pleasure Island and within seconds of the beach although you cannot see it from the site. There is 1 amenity block consisting toilet/showers with one 'Family all-in-one' room, water points and disposals. The site is NOT level but no drastically out either and there are some flatter pitches if you can get them.

The couple who look after the site are great and will do whatever they can for you, all the pitches around the outside (30 odd of them) have hook-ups the centre of the field do not but these are mostly populated by tenters.

£16 quid a night 20 in peak season.

Loads of room for the kids to run around but no play park. That said you are in easy reach of all the attractions so this is not really a worry although should they add a small play area this would be a cracking little site IMO.

The only other thing I would change is the frequency of cleaning. The toilets need IMO to be closed and cleaned more often as they do get grotty very quickly.

All in all a good site, nice wardens and lots of potential, and it has to be better than paying Haven's money.

Edited by Ice Hockey Goalie

I would be honoured if you could spare a few pounds to sponsor me.

I am playing in a charity ice hockey match in July in aid of Help For Heroes

Please text STGO94 £2 to 70070 or visit justgiving. com/SteelerGoalie94

• 3 months later...

hi there we are off to the showground site in august for around 6,7 or 8 nights for a booking like this i. e if we do the 8 nites do you think i should try for a discount on the £160 for 8 nights as im always in the mood for a bartering in these current climates,i wasnt thinking of major discount as i know these guys need to earn a living maybe a free night 8 nites 4 the price of 7 saving us £20, just a thought or am i being a tight ar*e? :lol::lol:

cheers for any advice and any things to do in the area that you experienced and thought that was worth doing etc etc 690lee