Hot Air Balloon Trip

Steven

Claire and I have been bought a Virgin Hot Air Balloon trip, we live in N. E. Derbyshire and have done our area by helicopter so we are looking further afield, still in the UK

Has any one done a balloon trip and where would you recommend.

Steve

Edited by Grandpa-Steve
still in the UK

Over the Valley of the Kings and the west bank of the Nile in Egypt - fantastic

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Claire and I have been bought a Virgin Hot Air Balloon trip, we live in N. E. Derbyshire and have done our area by helicopter so we are looking further afield.

Steve

Hi Steve

We have also got a Virgin Hot Air balloon trip, not after any where further afield,but thought it

was funny when I read you have one and we both live Derbyshire !

We are trying to find a nice day (we live in england) and have a early flight, but are thinking of

Bakewell

So we are looking forward to the trip

Radiotwo

Steve - Land Cruiser Amazon Auto + Pageant Series 5 Champagne

The match between car and caravan is perfect in accordance with a mix of European standards. However, according to the British Towing Code the percentage (loaded caravan / kerbweight tow car) is 49%.

Do Virgin balloons have a standard tow ball? What about electrics? What about the confidence you get from four RB211s? Enjoy!

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you.

Guest Tephi
Over the Valley of the Kings and the west bank of the Nile in Egypt - fantastic

Same here - highly recommended - wherever you go Steve, I'm sure you will have a fantastic time.

Steve

Edited by Tephi

Claire and I have been bought a Virgin Hot Air Balloon trip, we live in N. E. Derbyshire and have done our area by helicopter so we are looking further afield, still in the UK

Steve

Virgin always fly at the Bristol International Baloon Fiesta in August.

Why not try and see if you can take your flight there.

You will be in the company of 100 or so other balloons in the mass take offs.

This is the largest event by far in the UK and Bristol is the home of ballooning in the UK.

Dave

Steve

Tip for you, wear a hat I am 6ft and found it very hot when the burners on full force, it was like a case of sunburn on top of my head, not much hair nowdays!

Graham.

• 4 weeks later...

Steve

As someone who had a Virgin baloon flight bought - be careful and book early & often!

I drove from Leeds to Ashford in the Water for my first booking - went to the showground only to find the actual Virgin launch site was elsewhere, tiny signs in the verge at 6 am are hard to see, and missed the takeoff by 2 minutes. Cost me 1/2 as much again after pleading to rebook.

Took me 2 years to eventually get up on a flight due to cancellations and 1 launch failure due to faulty equipment. ......

I enjoyed the flight but it was more hassle than it was worth really, even without my mistake.

Hi Steve,

I would try the Lake District, if that's an option, as they look as spectacular from the air as they do from the ground. Also don't forget that you are close to the narrowest part of the country so you would get perspective on how small the Brtish Isles really are as you should, weather permitting, see the east coast, west coast and Ireland,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

• 5 months later...

Update

So off we went to Norfolk this weekend for our balloon trip.

Never got off the ground due to rain and wet landing conditions, so trip was cancelled.

Off to Bakewell this Friday to try again.

Steve

If at first you don't succeed. ....give up! :lol:

Only joking, I'm sure the scenery from above Bakewell will be just as good if not better than Norfolk.

Rgrds

Steve