Bbq Gas Bayonet

Hi Rodie,

If you mean the 1 - 11/2 inch torpedo shaped connector that fits into the coupling in the wall of the van then you can get these at the caravan dealers. .. mine was a freebie when I bought my van.

Regards

G.

P. S. Will you have the van repaired in time for a trip to the Dordogne this year?

Edited by chapmag

we are taking the van to the repairers 2morro so i hope, its an insurance write off, i took it out today for a run, re the gas bayonet, is there a std leisure fitment for vans ? ours has the gas valve and the other end of the bayonet already

we are taking the van to the repairers 2morro so i hope, its an insurance write off , i took it out today for a run , re the gas bayonet, is there a std leisure fitment for vans ? ours has the gas valve and the other end of the bayonet already

Sorry, but this post has me completely puzzled.

You are taking it in for repair, you hope it is a write-off, and you took it out for a run ???

Apart from the dangers of the van being towed in an unroadworthy state, why would you want to find a gas bayonet for a van that is possibly going to be scrapped?

Can't help being intrigued.

Guest Tephi
Sorry, but this post has me completely puzzled.

You are taking it in for repair, you hope it is a write-off, and you took it out for a run ???

Apart from the dangers of the van being towed in an unroadworthy state, why would you want to find a gas bayonet for a van that is possibly going to be scrapped?

Can't help being intrigued.

For full story see:-

http://www. caravantalk. org. uk/index. php?sh. ..c=23115&hl=

Steve

Edited by Tephi

sorry 2 tops, if i miss led you, caravan is insurace write off so i got a cash in lou settlement, the dent was only 2" max on roof, but they were worried about more internal damage, van is now at repairers, we towed up 2day at 50-55mph, lots of vans went past at 65-70mph!! too fast i would say, i must say the van towed a dream on the way up 1260kg van (empty) , car 1496kg + 2 adults, it just sat there, just slight suction from lorrys