Cold Water

chris s

Im after some advice please.

Iv got a bit of a strange problem with the cold tap in kitchen area.

When i turn the pump on i can see the water travel up the pipe to the tap, ready to come out. the hot tap works fine but when i turn the cold tap all i get is air and a trickle for a couple of seconds then i can see the pipe drain of water.

All the other taps and shower are fine.

I removed the pipe to see if it was blocked but its fine.

I dont know what else i can do.

Be very greatfull for any help.

Thanks

chris

Im after some advice please.

Iv got a bit of a strange problem with the cold tap in kitchen area.

When i turn the pump on i can see the water travel up the pipe to the tap, ready to come out. the hot tap works fine but when i turn the cold tap all i get is air and a trickle for a couple of seconds then i can see the pipe drain of water.

All the other taps and shower are fine.

I removed the pipe to see if it was blocked but its fine.

I dont know what else i can do.

Be very greatfull for any help.

Thanks

chris

Hi chris s.

When the water is draining back from the tap has the pump stopped or is it still running, can you isolate all other outlets and then try the kitchen tap and see what happens.

Is the kitchen at the rear of your van.

Regards ob.

Hyundai Santa Fe GSI CRTD,Bailey Senator California.

Hello oxfordboy.

Dident really notice about the pump but i think it was turning off.

The kitchen is in the middle of the van.

I thought maybe a air lock after draining off for the winter but wouldent the other taps be effected too?

cheers

chris.

Hi Chris is the tap a microswitch tap or is your van on a pressure switch system, if it is microswitched it could be a faulty microswitch on the kitchen tap not turning the pump on properly, so just a little water will come out, and all the other taps will work fine because their independent microswitche's on the other taps will be operating ok hope this helps .

Coachman Genius & Mazda BT50 TS2

Hi Chris is the tap a microswitch tap or is your van on a pressure switch system, if it is microswitched it could be a faulty microswitch on the kitchen tap not turning the pump on properly, so just a little water will come out, and all the other taps will work fine because their independent microswitche's on the other taps will be operating ok hope this helps .

You can check if it is this by turning on another tap and then turning on the tap that does not work and if it is the microswitch then the tap will run. If the tap still does not run then it is not a microswitch problem.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

Thought you might like to know.

Tested the taps today, its the micro switch.

Anyone know price of these also best place to get one.

Thankyou for all your help.

chris.

Last two times I needed a microswitch, I found what I needed at Maplin. I needed one for a caravan tap and one for a central heating two port valve. Expect to pay about £2. 00.

A temporary fix is to partially turn on another tap - enought to trigger the switch, then open the faulty one.

Edited by harry.m1byt

Bailey Pageant Monarch Series 5 2004

I bought and replaced my microswitches last week. Two m/switches cost £7. 80 from a van dealer - they probably cost about 50p each but at least a 'van dealer has them. very simple to fit if the Whale type.

Incidentally - one of the new switches was faulty but we were miles away before I found out so had to buy more.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion