Condensation In Windows Again !

bigbilly

One of the windows in my 2 year old Bessacarr is suffering badly with condensation inside the panes which does not disappear.

I want to remove the small plastic bungs so that I can dry the window out the next time we see some sunshine. In my limited experience the bungs invariably get damaged when removed so I took the opportunity today to try and buy some replacements and failed miserably ! I visited 3 major dealers in my area (Norfolk) this morning and none ever have them for sale nor would they sell me a couple from their workshops !

Can anybody please let me know of a website or dealers that will supply them by mail order.

Many thanks.

Bill

I have never had any problem with removing the bungs. They come out fairly easily and just push back in. If you have strong finger nails you might get them out or use a small knife to prise them out.

Brian

Guest John KS

I am sure Discover sell them. They are usually on the stand that revolves and has all the things on it that you have no idea what they are used for until you want it!!!!#

If you leave the windows for a while in the sun the mist will go eventually. Our new Swift has the same problem but it is beginning to go. Think it is something to do with extremes of temperature we have had lately.

Edited by John KS

There is a difference between mistyness and full condensation. I have just had a window replaced under warranty because of condensation. It started of misty but over a period of time gradually got worse until water could be seen in droplets running down the void between the two panes. Removing the little bungs won't get rid of the problem, it needs to be cured or it will only keep coming back. My problem was found by the dealer. The inner and outer skin had a split of the bonding. The only cure was to replace.

harryb

There is a difference between mistyness and full condensation. I have just had a window replaced under warranty because of condensation. It started of misty but over a period of time gradually got worse until water could be seen in droplets running down the void between the two panes. Removing the little bungs won't get rid of the problem, it needs to be cured or it will only keep coming back. My problem was found by the dealer. The inner and outer skin had a split of the bonding. The only cure was to replace.

harryb

I would guess that this is the problem with my window unfortunately !

I've already had 4 windows replaced, under warranty, in my Bessacarr during the first year and would expect the warranty to be 12 months with acrylic windows so will have to sort it myself. .

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP

Hi all just dropped my van off for some repairs, and mentioned that I had condensation between the panes oh they said you need breathable bungs :rolleyes: we have some on order. Don't how much they are but may worth a look next time your at a van dealers

BUMP

Hi all just dropped my van off for some repairs, and mentioned that I had condensation between the panes oh they said you need breathable bungs :rolleyes: we have some on order. Don't how much they are but may worth a look next time your at a van dealers

I have heard of these 'breathable' bungs but am struggling to get the standard ones. One large dealership told me they have had the standard ones on order for 4 months - and that's just for the workshop and not the shop.

Since my last post I have had a closer look at my window and it is in fact split along the seam ! The warranty on acrylic windows is 36 months so my dealer will be putting one on order for me.

Bill

I have heard of these 'breathable' bungs but am struggling to get the standard ones. One large dealership told me they have had the standard ones on order for 4 months - and that's just for the workshop and not the shop.

Since my last post I have had a closer look at my window and it is in fact split along the seam ! The warranty on acrylic windows is 36 months so my dealer will be putting one on order for me.

Bill

our 2003 Bailey had this problem of condensation and we noticed the 2 panes had a split apart along the seam at the bottom, however clear sealant and new bungs has done the job most excellently!

Carrie

Edited by carrie

One of the windows in my 2 year old Bessacarr is suffering badly with condensation inside the panes which does not disappear.

I want to remove the small plastic bungs so that I can dry the window out the next time we see some sunshine. In my limited experience the bungs invariably get damaged when removed so I took the opportunity today to try and buy some replacements and failed miserably ! I visited 3 major dealers in my area (Norfolk) this morning and none ever have them for sale nor would they sell me a couple from their workshops !

Can anybody please let me know of a website or dealers that will supply them by mail order.

Many thanks.

Bill

I don't know if you have found any yet - I got some from here yesterday 27/04/09 at £0. 50ea. Neglected to ask if they did mail order.

Might be worth a phone call

Crowland Caravans and Camping

www. crowlandcaravansandcamping. co. uk

Postland Rd

Crowland, Peterborough, PE6

01733 210 186