Help With Evidence!

DONNYKIA

Hi,all,

Back again. Have just got a reply from the F. O. S.(financial ombudsman service) and they say that they need evidence to prove that the faults with the panels on Avondale caravans was due to inherent faults at the time of manufacture.

That is to say that these faults were not apparent at the point of sale but appeared due to stresses induced during manufacture.

Any help with this is much appreciated as I am trying to claim back £500 paid to the dealer when I traded the 'van in to cover repairs!

paul s.

A couple of thoughts: firstly, have you got any legal expenses cover under your caravan or home insurance? It might be that they will take the matter on for you. If you're a member of the CC or CCC have you tried asking their advice?

Secondly, I am not sure if you could rely on "Res Ipsa Loquitur" in legal proceedings. The aforementioned is a Latin legal term which basically means that there has been negligence, that the loss/damage would not have occurred were it not for that negligence and there is an absence of a reasonable explaination for what went wrong.

Good luck !

NRF

Edited by NewRangerFamily

• 1 year later...

How did you get on with this? I am about to go through the small claims court with a similar thing. see Avondale Roof Water Ingress post.

Hi,all,

Back again. Have just got a reply from the F. O. S.(financial ombudsman service) and they say that they need evidence to prove that the faults with the panels on Avondale caravans was due to inherent faults at the time of manufacture.

That is to say that these faults were not apparent at the point of sale but appeared due to stresses induced during manufacture.

Any help with this is much appreciated as I am trying to claim back £500 paid to the dealer when I traded the 'van in to cover repairs!

paul s.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, but no longer have the Avondale. .....

As far as the F. O. S. , they said there is not enough evidence to proceed with a claim!

See caravan chat 'Avondale cracked panels',quite a few problems there. .....

paul s.