Van Servicing (again!)

TheSmiths

Rang dealer to book in van for a service in July. Was told to take it in early Thursday morning and pick up mid to late afternoon on the Friday. Should have queried it at the time but does anyone else do this? Reading previous posts it seems that a service can certainly be done in one day and would mean a lot less travelling for us.

regards

Pam

Rang dealer to book in van for a service in July. Was told to take it in early Thursday morning and pick up mid to late afternoon on the Friday. Should have queried it at the time but does anyone else do this? Reading previous posts it seems that a service can certainly be done in one day and would mean a lot less travelling for us.

regards

Pam

Hi Pam

Some dealers need the van in for a whole week to do a service! Are there any mobile guys in your area to come

out to you? I don't see how it is less travelling if done in one day though as there and back is same mileage unless

you hang around in the hope it is done the same day (and you know in your heart it wont be. ..).

neil

Bailey S5 Pageant Auvergne & Vauxhall Signum CDTI

NEIL

Don't mind taking van to dealers as to date they have given us excellent service but thought we could leave van for a few hours and go for a walk somewhere nearby saving Malcolm having to take two days off work, although he is self employed so it is do-able!

TRADETECH

This is what I thought. Will maybe ring dealer- see if we could do it in one day.

Thanks

Pam

Hi Pam,

I use an Independent Service Agent (approved by Bailey) and I drop it off at 8am and i've collected it the last three years between noon and 1pm. .. this year it was 2 pm as it had a bit of warranty work to be done.

IMHO. .. if a dealer can't do it in a 8 hour day. .. change your service centre.

G.

I use a caravan distributor in Berkshire and arrange to take my 'van in at 9am to be collected later the same day. Why some dealers need the 'van for more than a day I do not understand - sounds like poor planning of workshop to me

Gerry

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645

Before I retired I used to drop my van off one Saturday morning early and pick it up the following Saturday. I realised that it did not take this long but it suited me and I thought gave my dealer plenty of options for scheduling. One year they rang to say did I mind a delay and as it happened I did not.

When I eventually needed it and started chasing they had 'lost' it only to be found hours later at the back of the compound and unserviced !!

I now use a small dealer who only services one van per day and I drop it off first thing and he rings when complete. Gives us a day out too as he is only a short drive from the coast and the service is due in July.

Bill

I use a caravan distributor in Berkshire and arrange to take my 'van in at 9am to be collected later the same day. Why some dealers need the 'van for more than a day I do not understand - sounds like poor planning of workshop to me

Gerry

I think I probably use the same dealer for servicing, and although what you say is correct in that if you get your van to them before 9am you should get it back the same day, however, if you get there after 9am you will have to wait until the next day to collect, which is a bit of a pain!

On top of this, I had to book 7 weeks in advance!

Have Bailey - Will Travel