Reversing Seat Cushions

Gracie

In the handbook to my last caravan, an Avondale, it advised that seat cushions should NOT be reversed for use as beds, as it might distort the springs? My new van, a Bailey Pageant, makes no mention of this & as I prefer to reverse so as to reduce the effect of the "knee roll", I'm wondering what others have experienced ? Was there anything unusual about the Avondale springing?

Comments would be welcomed!

( Gracie, new member)

In the handbook to my last caravan, an Avondale, it advised that seat cushions should NOT be reversed for use as beds, as it might distort the springs? My new van, a Bailey Pageant, makes no mention of this & as I prefer to reverse so as to reduce the effect of the "knee roll", I'm wondering what others have experienced ? Was there anything unusual about the Avondale springing?

Comments would be welcomed!

( Gracie, new member)

On my last van I used to drop the seat backs down flat and place the seat cushions length-ways between them with the knee roll to the outsides. Very cosy it used to tip us together in the middle :wub:

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

On my last van I used to drop the seat backs down flat and place the seat cushions length-ways between them with the knee roll to the outsides. Very cosy it used to tip us together in the middle :wub:

The only reason I can think of for Avondale saying this was if the bed base was solid rather than slatted. This would have caused rubbing on the fabric.

Most of my recent caravans have had slats and I always flip the cushions over as I think you get a better sleep and have always reckoned that this would be better for the springs. Also I think it lets the cushion air better if the one side is not subjected to sweat etc all the time.