Damp/rot Around Rear Window

adam0303

Hi All

Bought a caravan not so long ago and notice that around the rear window there is Damp and wood rot there is none anywhere else and not near the corners closest to the damp either but was wondereing how hard it is to fix the caravan is quite old a 1990 so dont want to pay expensive repairs and wondered if i need to take of the rear aluminium panel or can i just repair internally.

Same story here have bought a 1991 Abi Ace Viscount and it has some signs of damp in one corner

Am new to caravans so what is the method or finding leak and repairing it.

Citroen Picasso 1. 6 hdi (110hp) + Abi ACE Viscount

Been having a look on the net and judging by some other peoples projects can be repaired internally i am more peed off cos the guy said it has no damp but its sold as seen though the van is only old so cannot expect much, im just glad its in the rear as there isnt much to remove to access it.

Been having a look on the net and judging by some other peoples projects can be repaired internally i am more peed off cos the guy said it has no damp but its sold as seen though the van is only old so cannot expect much, im just glad its in the rear as there isnt much to remove to access it.

Hi,

Pointless repairing any damp until you have found where its coming in and sealed it up.

Once that is done you can then tackle all from the inside, if that is too tricky for you just peel the vinyl back and leave a dehumidifier in there for several days, restick the vinyl back with boarder adhesive if the board seems ok, and you may find you can live with it. ..

Its not the way I would do it but thats the cheapest for you guys :D

Ant

Edited by Atom

Atom

If it sounds too good to be true-----it probably is !!!