Recent Powrtouch Installs

b6x

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone has recently had a *new* Powrtouch3 installed? Just enquiring as we've had one and have been given a white chunky controller with ZX spectrum like buttons, however looking at a advert in a current magazine, it pictures a slicker looking (smaller) blue coloured controller. Seeing as ours is only a week or so old, I was a bit miffed. :rolleyes:

Ta.

EDIT: like this one here . Maybe a different controller for the compact model?

Edited by b6x

towcar #1: Vauxhall Vectra 1. 9 CDTi 150

towcar #2: Honda CR-V 2. 2 CDTi

caravan: Compass Corona 475

Hi

We had a problem with our electric actuator and one of the motors stopped working for the second time. No problems with the service from Powrtouch they have been brilliant but I was given the opportunity to be a "Guinea Pig" for a new system that they haven't introduced yet as it has only finished in development. Anyway we now have the "new" controller as pictured but I don't think these will be on general issue for a while yet. Even then it may be that these will only be introduced initially for those with the actuator.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Richard

RichardC

Coachman Laser 645/4, Jeep Commander or Jeep Cherokee

One of our actuators has failed and true to form a replacement was here very quickly

We are waiting for the fitter now

Richard How long did you have to wait?

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

Hi i fitted my powrtouch 3 last weekend and yes it came with the chunky remote

Hi got my powertouch 3 fitted last month came with chunky control

I noticed the advert also and telephoned them. ...

they said I had the right controller.

Tommy G

VW Tiguan 140 Manual Sterling Europa 470 Fixed Bed 06

I've got the same chunky white one

It was replaced in 2 days when we were in France last year but it was like for like not a cool black model :)

I have it on a cord so that it hangs round my neck and then I know where it is :blush:

What's a ZX Spectrum?

Only kidding. We have the white remote, mover was fitted in December. I find the caravan graphic a help in getting myself orientated (not sure if it was on the blue one), but it still doesn't stop me pressing the wrong turn button from time to time. Is it an age thing?

Dave

What's a ZX Spectrum?

Only kidding. We have the white remote, mover was fitted in December. I find the caravan graphic a help in getting myself orientated (not sure if it was on the blue one), but it still doesn't stop me pressing the wrong turn button from time to time. Is it an age thing?

Dave

No, i have the same problem, i have to look at the caravan graphic as well, especially with mine being the 4wd version, i nearly always get the wrong button.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

No, i have the same problem, i have to look at the caravan graphic as well, especially with mine being the 4wd version, i nearly always get the wrong button.

Phil.

That's where the soft start is a lifesaver/caravansaver

Its hard to get your head round pointing the handset in the direction of travel rather than at the caravan ;)

There is indeed a new controlbox/handset unit, BUT I am told it wont be on general release until mid summer. So any units fitted will be with the older style units. (Except a few "guinea Pigs").

I am sure Powrwheel wont thank me for saying this, but I would not be in hurry to get the new unit. As with all "new" things I would prefer to wait and get all the bugs ironed out, and end up with something worth having rather than a pile of trouble. The old unit is a reliable workhorse, with a proven track record.

There seems to be a culture of "If its new I MUST have it before anyone else", in the caravan world.

I am firmly of the opinion that the "old" unit is brilliant, and the "new" unit is, as yet, unproven.

With Powrwheels reputation for reliablity and service, I see no reason why the new unit should not prove to be an excellent product. But only time will tell.

Dave

Dave Baxter

Powerwheel fitter

fitorfix caravan movers

Have now fitted the replacement actuator myself and it works Ok

I discovered that the main 12V+ feed to the actuator switch is not fused other than via the mover main fuse which is about 80amp

This came to light when the wire came off the switch when something fell against it in the locker and the wire was live when the mover main switch was on

On website wiring diagrams for linear actuators it shows a fuse in the lead which I have now fitted B)

Edited by Watson(JohnG)

Hi Watson (JohnG)

Sorry I did not reply I have been away and did not have access to wifi.

Anyway I don't recall how long I had to wait but it certyainly wasn't long (a few days at the most). It appears though that the question is somewhat redundant now that you have it.

Cheers

RichardC

RichardC

Coachman Laser 645/4, Jeep Commander or Jeep Cherokee

Hi Watson (JohnG)

Sorry I did not reply I have been away and did not have access to wifi.

Anyway I don't recall how long I had to wait but it certyainly wasn't long (a few days at the most). It appears though that the question is somewhat redundant now that you have it.

Cheers

RichardC

Thanks Richard

They rang this morning to arrange to fit it but as above I've already done it as we are going away this week and I felt like lying under the van on a nice sunny day

I had emailed to say the fitterwas no longer needed but they rang me before reading the email it seems

It was 2 weeks(inc Bank Holiday) from contacting them until the fitter rang but that was to make arrangemnets so I don't know how much longer it would have been

The part arrived within a week and it was out of stock when I rang so no complaints at all----again