Water Heater,osprey

Degsy

Hello everyone I`m Derek, we have moved to a different seasonal pitch this year and my water heater trips out

the hookup post when we switch it on everything else works fine any ideas? Avondale Osprey 2005

Hi Derek, may be stating the obvious, but is the site hookup the same amperage as previous, if so, then its a problem with water heater, sounds like heating element, a bit like when a home kettle element goes it trips the circuit breaker, though caravan water heaters are a more complex piece of kit.

Brian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue '07 X Trail Aventura 2. 2dci, S7 Pageant Provence + Truma MK2 Original Mover, Blue Kampa Rally 390 Awning.

Hi Derek, may be stating the obvious, but is the site hookup the same amperage as previous, if so, then its a problem with water heater, sounds like heating element, a bit like when a home kettle element goes it trips the circuit breaker, though caravan water heaters are a more complex piece of kit.

Brian

the new site is higher amps than the old one and as newer hookup post, a friend of mine suggested that someone hooking up before me, to the same post, was using the electric

and my van was tripping when the water heater was switched on because of the high ampage on the heater, do you think this is possible?

The Truma Ultrastore water heater is only 450W electric, that's under 2amps and less than a low wattage kettle.

If it's trippng out the hookup post there's a fault, either in the heater or in the hookup post.

The Truma Ultrastore water heater is only 450W electric, that's under 2amps and less than a low wattage kettle.

If it's trippng out the hookup post there's a fault, either in the heater or in the hookup post.

is it possible for the hot water tank to be airlocked, could that be a reason the tripping is there

a cut out same as a kettle that trips when there is not enough water in it!!!

Its 850w in the current Bailey handbook and on the Truma website. Still not enough to trip the supply unless there is a fault.

Brian

the new site is higher amps than the old one and as newer hookup post, a friend of mine suggested that someone hooking up before me, to the same post, was using the electric

and my van was tripping when the water heater was switched on because of the high ampage on the heater, do you think this is possible?

Hi Derek, If there no water in tank, air block etc; then the thermal cut out would work, stopping mains from tripping and would require just pressing reset button on cut out on heater. Sounds as if there is a short in line ie element or elsewhere giving sufficient cause to trip the EHU.

I think you require the help of a qualified electrician or caravan engineer like Tradetech.

Brianinhull :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue '07 X Trail Aventura 2. 2dci, S7 Pageant Provence + Truma MK2 Original Mover, Blue Kampa Rally 390 Awning.

ok guys, sounds to me like the element has failed, the older type ultra store did employ the 450 w element and the more upto date models employ the 850w, its a job for a competent electrician to be fair, i dont like giving out how to,s out were Gas and 240v mains are concerned

ok guys, sounds to me like the element has failed, the older type ultra store did employ the 450 w element and the more upto date models employ the 850w, its a job for a competent electrician to be fair, i dont like giving out how to,s out were Gas and 240v mains are concerned

Sorry tradetech I was not fully aware of your background, but your advice is sound and show your someone who knows his strength and weaknesses, therefore can be trusted. :)

regards

Brianinhull

No probs Brian

Thanks for your replys, my daughter is at the van this week and I advised her to call on a expert, he said same as you guys that it sounds like the element

so he`s going over to check it out and hopefully repair or replace, any idea what sort of cost for the element?

about 45 qiud for an element

the guys quoted £60 fitted, I don`t think thats bad if the elements cost £45

cheers Tradetec