Bmw 5 Series

nova

Does anyone own a BMW 5 Series with the factory fit electric tow ball? I am purchasing the 530D SE and wanted to know does it link in the the ESP to give TSP? My caravan is a brand new Coachman Pastiche 460/2 with MTPLM of 1430 and 13 pin connection.

Thanks

Does anyone own a BMW 5 Series with the factory fit electric tow ball? I am purchasing the 530D SE and wanted to know does it link in the the ESP to give TSP? My caravan is a brand new Coachman Pastiche 460/2 with MTPLM of 1430 and 13 pin connection.

Thanks

Hi Dave,

I have a 520E Touring with full electric tow bar.

First of all, make sure that you pester the dealer to ensure you get the 13 pin connector fully wired, as it will come from the factory with only the road lights (old 7N) connected, as they do not have fridge or battery charging in Germany.

They wanted an additional £300 off me for this, after a call to the head of BMW Customer Services I did not pay anything else.

When it arrives (fully wired) it will be programmed so that when you plug in your connector is senses there is a trailer fitted, it will disable the rear park sensors and switch on the towing stability programme.

Excellent piece of kit.

GPS