The New Citroen C3 Picasso

Batteur

I am looking into the possiblity of using the new Citroen C3Picasso to tow a Lunar Ariva van. Reason, l'm limited in width around the side of my house.

The spec for the Ariva is:

Mass in running order = 805 kg

Paylod = 165 kg

MTPLM = 970 kg

For the C3 Picasso:

Kerb weight = 1408 kg

Nose weight = 54 kg

Engine = 1. 6 HDi 16V 110 hp

Apart from the low noseweight it all looks OK to me but I would like to know what others think.

Gordie.

Your weight ratio is ok at 69% You'll just have to load the 'van carefully so you don't exceed the cars maximum noseweight limit.

I am looking into the possiblity of using the new Citroen C3Picasso to tow a Lunar Ariva van. Reason, l'm limited in width around the side of my house.

Paylod = 165 kg

MTPLM = 970 kg

For the C3 Picasso:

Kerb weight = 1408 kg

Nose weight = 54 kg

Apart from the low noseweight it all looks OK to me but I would like to know what others think.

Gordie.

Paylod = 165 kg

MTPLM = 970 kg

For the C3 Picasso:

Kerb weight = 1408 kg

Nose weight = 54 kg

Gordie.

Hi Gordie,

As Clunk has said, the noseweight is a bit low. Ours is 60kg and I manage to reach that quite easily so there may not be a problem but I would want to know what the noseweight of the caravan is unladen as I believe this will give a good indication as to whether the 54kg is achievable without loading everything to the back of the 'van.

I found that the noseweight of our unladen 'van was 65kg so I was confident that I would be OK though if it hat been 85kg I may well have needed a rethink,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Hi Gordie, May Issue of Practical Caravan (out this week) has a tow car review for the C3 Picasso rated 4 out of 5, and does say noseweight is disappointing, but that other small MPV are no better in this regard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue '07 X Trail Aventura 2. 2dci, S7 Pageant Provence + Truma MK2 Original Mover, Blue Kampa Rally 390 Awning.

When most caravans were under 1000kg MTPLM, known as gross weight in those days, most cars had 50/60kg noseweight limits so that shouldn't be an issue as such - with an end kitchen you might need to move things around to get up to 54kg.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I feel a little better now because I note that the new Citroen Berlingo (also 1. 6HDi 110 hp) won the Caravan Club Towcar of the year for 2009 in the 16k£ - 20k£ group. The Berlingo has a max noseweight limit of only 55 kg and from the photo it was towing a Baily Ranger.

Gordie