Fitting A Cd Player

faine2005

Hi and sorry to be asking for help on my 1st post only in our 2nd year of caravaning and just upgraded our 1991 swift challenger to a 2006 sterling europa 600 but it has no cd player any advice on how to wire one up would be appreciated i am quite capable of doing this to a car but abit unsure on a caravan thanks

Exactly the same as a car mate, still 12v electrics.

Just use fused leads.

If you search around the back of the cupboards or have a look round a similar model you may just find the wiring there, i have on my last 3 vans :)

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

Exactly the same as a car mate, still 12v electrics.

Just use fused leads.

If you search around the back of the cupboards or have a look round a similar model you may just find the wiring there, i have on my last 3 vans :)

Hi thanks and i hoped someone was going to say that !

If there are no cables floating around in the back of the cupboards is best to run new pos and neg from the battery with a inline fuse from the pos ?

As Brassneck says, usually quite straightforward. Just make sure whether any 12v wiring is isolated (or not) via the main switch, usually at the caravan door. My Bailey wireless had been wired off the back of the 12v lights so that if I turned the lights off at the door using the master switch, the radio went off too and lost all its settings.

The older I get, the better I used to be

Your handbook should have a diagram showing the 12 volt loop - think all Sterlings were pre wired for radio fitting then, think you just have to cut the holes for the speakers.

Jan

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

I fitted one to a '91 Wisp a year or so ago. I ran two live wires. One live came from the battery so was always 'on' as per instructions for the radio.

I ran the other live through a simple rocker switch (bought from halfords) which 'switches' the radio on. This acts like the ignition of a car allowing the radio to be switched on or off at the radio.

The other permanent live allows the radio settings to be stored and not lost - exactly as in a car.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

As Brassneck says, usually quite straightforward. Just make sure whether any 12v wiring is isolated (or not) via the main switch, usually at the caravan door. My Bailey wireless had been wired off the back of the 12v lights so that if I turned the lights off at the door using the master switch, the radio went off too and lost all its settings.

Hi Wingco

With regard to radio being wired to the lighting circuit (but seperately fused hopefully) is the way to go.

To my mind that is the best way of wiring a radio as the current consumption for station presets could

drain a battery quite quickly in storage, it really only takes seconds to re-scan on arrival at a site to pick

up the local frequencies - RDS appears reluctant in some places to switch to a clearer signal anyway!

neil

Bailey S5 Pageant Auvergne & Vauxhall Signum CDTI

Hi Wingco

With regard to radio being wired to the lighting circuit (but seperately fused hopefully) is the way to go.

neil

That's what I did with our Bailey and it worked very well. I also used a proper FM type aerial which is much better than the Status.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2