Front Windows Delaminating

Bessacarr1

Hi folks,

We have just got back from a few days away (C&CC Kessingland) , on our return I noticed that two of the front windows have started to delaminate, Has any one else experienced this?. It looks like it's going to be expensive.

Any help / advice would be very welcome

Hi folks,

We have just got back from a few days away (C&CC Kessingland) , on our return I noticed that two of the front windows have started to delaminate, Has any one else experienced this?. It looks like it's going to be expensive.

Any help / advice would be very welcome

Hi,

Do you mean the inner and outer pains of the units are separating?

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

Hi,

Do you mean the inner and outer pains of the units are separating?

Hi,

Yes where they are sealed together, I can now pull the inner and outer pains apart on one side, not sure if they can be reglued?

Darren

Hi,

Yes where they are sealed together, I can now pull the inner and outer pains apart on one side, not sure if they can be reglued?

Darren

Hi,

I'm not sure how much these are for your 'van, I think I'd try gluing first.

Lloyd

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

Firstly how old is your van. If it is under 5 years old I would be asking my dealer for help by getting them to speak to the factory for you.

I had 2 of the front windows on my 2006 Bessacarr 495 SL replaced under warranty for what seems like a similar problem.

The front windows in the 2005/6 Bessacarrs are a different tint (gold) to the 2007 models and the replacements (smoked grey) so I had to have the 3rd one replaced to colour match.

Bill

Hi.

I've had the same problem with 2 of the roof vents on my Hobby (at £186 + vat each) just after I bought it. Ouch. ........!!!! The technical guys at Hobby UK told me that most window delaminations are caused by the 'van being left in sun with the blinds closed, usually in storage, as the excessive heat buildup destroys the sealer (glue) holding the two panes together. I read the manual, and it actually says that all blinds should be left open when the caravan is stored for any period of time for exactly that reason. .........

I would assume other makes may be the same??

This happened to me - one of the windows only - thank goodness - not cheap to fix - required a new window - think it cost about £300. No other cure for it so they tell me - the rubber seal had gone and whilst having the van serviced I had to get it sorted.

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

I had my Off Side front window on the caravan delaminate when travelling on the Auto rout in France

-- I looked in my wing mirror and thought "oh s*d it" I haven't shut the window and it appeared to be flapping up. .

We pulled over on to the hard shoulder and

-- I got in to the van and found that the window, inside was closed and locked. .

-- I went out and found that the outer skin had come apart from the inner !! and was "Flapping in the wind"

-- Just held together by the hinge strip at the top.

Out with the Duct tape and well and truly lashed it together

-- and sealed all around -- it had to stay that way for the rest of the holiday

-- when we took it home and into the dealer who replaced it -

-- one problem -- it had no CHRIS number etched in the new window

-- as they had to confirm things and get a number sent etc etc

-- it still hadn't got a number when we sold the van !!

Yes it does happen and more often than is written about

-- as like all these things

-- I met two others that holiday who had it happen to them on other occasions. .

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

Firstly how old is your van. If it is under 5 years old I would be asking my dealer for help by getting them to speak to the factory for you.

Hi everyone and thanks for your input, As the the van is no longer under warranty, It looks like a rather expensive repair bill :rolleyes:, Still I can't complain as this is the first problem I've had since I brought her, and as I do have the blinds shut it's kind of my own fault. .....won't do that again.

Darren

I had our Coachman front window delaminate and after some enquiring i bought from Araldite a adhesive which is made for this type of repair, you have to also buy the special gun to apply it, price was about £34 . Yo can buy it on line direct . From memory its called Araldite 2015. After 18 months its still sound.