Help Needed New!!!!!

Hi,

I am very new to caravaning infact so new just took ownership today of an Adria Altea. I have a couple of questions if anyone has one of these I'd like to hear how you are getting on. We are really pleased with our choice 542DT the layout is even more perfect for us than I remember at the NEC show in Feb!!! I have got to be honest I feel really dissapointed by the handover. We had one guy showing us the ropes who was ok nice chap and then we had some dealings with a really great sales guy. The owner excuse me but was just a total D##K Head and I thought my Husband was gonna punch his lights out. To cut a long story short the caravan didn't look like it has been washed there was a small dink in the side and the CRiS reg sticker was peeling off leaving a very unpleasent smear on the window. Obviously we made a point about these things and didn't really expect it. The caravan had the bird s**t washed off the sticker was removed completely and all the sticky smear removed and we got a spare wheel and gas bottle chucked in for the dink (it was very minor). We tested as much stuff as we could while we were there however we have since come home and when we lock the caravan the door the handle turns and allows the door to open slightly but it is still locked you can then press it shut again this really doesn't sound right and its not like we bought the caravan locally our local dealers 100miles away didn't have this model so we went further a field and quite frankly I don't want to contact them again if you get my drift. What could people suggest. ALso we got no hand book for the caravan just handbooks on all the fixtures and fittings eg truma etc is this right. In fact the only thing we got from Adria was a work sheet saying the caravan had been made in June2008 and signatures from the technicians who released the caravan from the factory iyswim.

Sorry for the long post but these small issues are really clouding what is a really exciting time for us as a family. Any help would be most welcome.

Cheers

Only one -- and it may seem that it is no real help --

If you are having problems at this stage -- you only recurse is with the dealer that sold you the van. . and you must go t them

Any other dealer - at this stage will throw their hands up and say the same.

You may be able to contact the manufacturer of the van - but that may prove difficult - who will undoubtedly point you in the direction of the purchasing dealer.

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

We tested as much stuff as we could while we were there however we have since come home and when we lock the caravan the door the handle turns and allows the door to open slightly but it is still locked you can then press it shut again this really doesn't sound right and its not like we bought the caravan locally our local dealers 100miles away didn't have this model so we went further a field and quite frankly I don't want to contact them again if you get my drift. What could people suggest.

My Fleetwood, an Adria Adora with Fleetwood badges, did the same. Still does to be honest but its getting better. I just sprayed the insides of the lock and the inside door section of it with a good dose of grease. Because they are so well made they are solid, sometimes a bit too solid. ...lol.

Dont worry, its just because its new and tight.

ALso we got no hand book for the caravan just handbooks on all the fixtures and fittings eg truma etc is this right. In fact the only thing we got from Adria was a work sheet saying the caravan had been made in June2008 and signatures from the technicians who released the caravan from the factory iyswim.

I would probably email Adria themselves, just google them. Get a better response from them than a dealer i would suspect.

That blue book is handy to have as it tells you the strong points on the van where you can drill in and fit stuff like a bike rack or whatever.

Sorry for the long post but these small issues are really clouding what is a really exciting time for us as a family. Any help would be most welcome.

Cheers

Enjoy your van.

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

Enjoy your van.

Thanks so much for replying. Well I contacted Adria direct in the UK and got to speak to this really great girl who told me lots of stuff. I then felt able to go back to the dealer who to be honest was great basically said the same as you did about the door lock. Will bed in if you get my drift. He is gonna chase up the hand book so feel loads happier off tomorrow for our first caravan break woo hoo can't wait. Feeling really pleased now because it really is ideal for us as a family and so many people can't belive the price we paid and how fab it is, had lots of caravan owners visiting us who have never seen an Adria (my brothers friend even came to have a look) and so really pleased hope our first outing is as positive.

Only one -- and it may seem that it is no real help --

If you are having problems at this stage -- you only recurse is with the dealer that sold you the van. . and you must go t them

Any other dealer - at this stage will throw their hands up and say the same.

You may be able to contact the manufacturer of the van - but that may prove difficult - who will undoubtedly point you in the direction of the purchasing dealer.

Thanks for replying, rang Adria who talked through lots of stuff then rang the dealer who was fab and really helpful today so fingers crossed everything will go smoothly now.

Thanks for replying, rang Adria who talked through lots of stuff then rang the dealer who was fab and really helpful today so fingers crossed everything will go smoothly now.

Fingers crossed and every thing else -- best of luck -- and as was said previously -- Enjoy your van. ..

Caravaning is a great hobby - pastime - leisure activity -what ever - and I am sure that when you have gotten over these initial hiccoughs -- you will have fabulous times ahead !!

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

Fingers crossed and every thing else -- best of luck -- and as was said previously -- Enjoy your van. ..

Caravaning is a great hobby - pastime - leisure activity -what ever - and I am sure that when you have gotten over these initial hiccoughs -- you will have fabulous times ahead !!

Maurice

You missed lifestyle out of that list Maurice. ..... :rolleyes:

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

We bought or Adria last year and got really good deal! I don't think you can beat them for the money. We are very pleased with the quality. I have heard people describe them as Ikea but to be honest i consider that compliment. I think they look very modern inside.

I have spoken to a few dealers and they have commented that they get very few warranty repairs compared to other manufactures and I have to say i am very pleased with our purchase.

I think the layouts re superb,I love the way you can close the rear of the van off so tat the kids sleep sound while we Chill!!!

BTW we go a Handbook as well as the brochures from the individual items IE fridge,toilet etc.

I have to say our PDI as not up to scratch but I am surprised you didn't get a spare wheel as standard,we did!

Previous owner of Adria Altea 542DT 2010 with Ford Galaxy 2011 titanium x and powershift